• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen turns to black and white dots using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 19.21.20049

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me about the screen noise like mosaic problem as bellow.

This is the screen when I just opened the file.

test1.jpg

When I click on the screen, noise appears.

If I change the zooming, it will disappear.

But if I click on the screen again, noise will be shown again.

test2.jpg

My PC condition

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Acrobat Reader DC 19.021.20049.27333

I already installed latest patch (19.021.20049 Optional update), but it didn't work.

[Title Edited by Moderator ]

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Hi there, 

Thanks for sharing the observation. Mkae sure all the video drivers and the firmware are up to date. 

Also, please try to turn off the protected view for testing purpose. Go to Edit  > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Turn Off the protected view and uncheck the Enhanced Security > click OK and reboot the computer and check.

Let us know if that makes any difference

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Hi Amal,

I have just seen a post from MarkInFL with a solution that worked for me. This is from his post:  

"In Windows 10 64bit, I was also experiencing the blackened imaging, pixelating, etc., when I clicked on the .pdf image.
I also tried everything others tried. Here is the fix:
Right-click on your Acrobat Reader DC icon on the desktop or navigate to the AcroRd32.exe file in this folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader

Choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility." Tell the troubleshoo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Hey, so far nothing worked for me either, but then I did this:

1. right click on Acrobat Reader
  2. choose properties
  3. choose compatibility tab
  4. choose windows 7
  5. click apply

Hope it will work for you 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Hi there

Sorry to keep you waiting.

This issue is fixed with the recent version (22.1.20142) of the Acrobat/Reader DC application.

Please update the application from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once and check.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 106 Replies 106
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been suffering from this problem for the past year! finally this is an amazing solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup this works for me! thanks very much! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey David, 

Thanks for sharing the logs. Please try the suggestion provided by MarkInFL below and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Re "Please try the suggestion provided by MarkInFL below and see if that works for you."

Please see my earlier message. I tried it and it works for me.

I've now also tried the registry change from Anand (bEnableVSYNC) and that works too.

Kind regards,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MarkInFL !!

I have been searching for a resolution to this issue and have seen it all over adobes forums yet there has been no answer that has worked.....until your suggestion.

Now running perfectly ;0)

I have seen people talking about this since Sept 2019 on this forum. Hope it will be okay to link your post, cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome. Yes, please share. This is usually the first thing I do for programs since I installed Win10. It's 64bit, so it dosn't like all 32bit programs. I was surprised Adobe didn't list this first. Have fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your not the only ones and it still happens.. Windows 11 fix above does not work.. Did you all ever get it figured out?

uugghh

thanks

adobe issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey David

Please try the solution provided by MarkInFL and see if that works for you. Let us know how it goes.

@MarkInFL thank you for sharing your observation on this issue. It will certainly help other users experiencing the similar problem.

Regards

Amal 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been posted a few times around Adobe forums, and the common thing - me included - is using Ryzen / Vega graphics. Compatibility mode is alright for a quick bodge job, but would be nice for Adobe to look into issues with this GPU.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Peter

We are sorry for the trouble. The issue is due to a rendering feature VSYNC.

Please try the following registry setting to disable VSYNC:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown]
"bEnableVSYNC"=dword:00000000

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a great solution so far. Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem I loaded down Acrobat onto a new computer.  Your solution worked like a charm.  It seems Adobe is more interested in software working with dated operating systems than with current operating systems and hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed.

Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Amal & team I tried all the given methods but I don't see options like in this one: I don't see "bEnableVSYNC"=dword:00000000 but I added but still, the issue persists.

Please try the following registry setting to disable VSYNC:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown]

On this one: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/screen-turns-to-black-and-white-dots-using-adobe-acrob...

I tried Troubleshoot Compatibility Please assist.

I have AMD Ryzen processor/Win10 Pro, this issue has started to affect only recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Por favor no quiero recibir más correos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I seem to have the same problem with no fix in sight. I have attempted running the app in compatibilty mode with no visible change on this issue. What other steps can we take to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution provide by MarkinFL worked for me. Thank you for putting an end to weeks of frustration!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did MarklnFL's fix and now the adobe reader won't open at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for MarkInFL, I was at a total loss! Now running the program in Windows 7 - who would have thought! I am so grateful for your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant!  Same problem, AMD Vega graphics card.  Changed the Adobe exe file setting to Windows 7, problem gone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mark, the fix also worked for me (using AMD Ryzen 7 4800U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is one of your connected displays high DPI - even if it is not switched on?

If it is, disconnect the display. Does the problem go away?

If it does, then it's Windows DPI handling for high-DPI screens and you need to go to the application properties and override the DPI settings to app and System(enhanced)

This is a really, really obscure issue that's probably MS' fault (though it could be bad libraries not keeping up with correct handling).

Knowing this has - it seems for the moment - just resolved a lot of screen corruption, incomplete redraws experienced recently on wthis Win 10 Home 64 bit system with an attached 4k TV on an nVidia card - up to Reader version 2021.001.20155 (the latest on 15 May 2021 I think)

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Troubleshoot and changing compatability mode to Windows 7 worked for me.  A lot quicker than trying updating drivers and changing settings under preferences.  Thank you for the your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines