• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen turns to black and white dots using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 19.21.20049

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me about the screen noise like mosaic problem as bellow.

This is the screen when I just opened the file.

test1.jpg

When I click on the screen, noise appears.

If I change the zooming, it will disappear.

But if I click on the screen again, noise will be shown again.

test2.jpg

My PC condition

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Acrobat Reader DC 19.021.20049.27333

I already installed latest patch (19.021.20049 Optional update), but it didn't work.

[Title Edited by Moderator ]

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Hi there, 

Thanks for sharing the observation. Mkae sure all the video drivers and the firmware are up to date. 

Also, please try to turn off the protected view for testing purpose. Go to Edit  > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Turn Off the protected view and uncheck the Enhanced Security > click OK and reboot the computer and check.

Let us know if that makes any difference

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Hi Amal,

I have just seen a post from MarkInFL with a solution that worked for me. This is from his post:  

"In Windows 10 64bit, I was also experiencing the blackened imaging, pixelating, etc., when I clicked on the .pdf image.
I also tried everything others tried. Here is the fix:
Right-click on your Acrobat Reader DC icon on the desktop or navigate to the AcroRd32.exe file in this folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader

Choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility." Tell the troubleshoo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Hey, so far nothing worked for me either, but then I did this:

1. right click on Acrobat Reader
  2. choose properties
  3. choose compatibility tab
  4. choose windows 7
  5. click apply

Hope it will work for you 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Hi there

Sorry to keep you waiting.

This issue is fixed with the recent version (22.1.20142) of the Acrobat/Reader DC application.

Please update the application from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once and check.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 106 Replies 106
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I have just seen a post from MarkInFL with a solution that worked for me. This is from his post:  

"In Windows 10 64bit, I was also experiencing the blackened imaging, pixelating, etc., when I clicked on the .pdf image.
I also tried everything others tried. Here is the fix:
Right-click on your Acrobat Reader DC icon on the desktop or navigate to the AcroRd32.exe file in this folder

Choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility." Tell the troubleshooter to run this program in Windows 7 compatability mode.

It now works perfectly. NOTE: AcroRd32.exe is a 32bit program -- that's why it's in the (x86) folder. For some reason, Win10 won't run it properly."

This worked perfectly for me I hope it works for you too.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

This seemed to do the fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how do you get it to "Tell the troubleshooter to run this program in Windows 7 compatability mode." 

Is this the file you right-click on?AcroRd32 - an "Application" file?

I don't see AcroRd32.exe in the Reader directory.

Regards

Brendan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much my problems is solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all 

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed.

Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are aware of this issue affecting AMD Vega graphic card.

Yet as of 26/06/2020 you did not fix it. Same issue with v2020 on Vega equipped Lenovo T495. Why should users run this in W7 comp mode? in organisations like our where you ca not change this variable my IT department simply opted to install a different make  of PDF reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad people found a work around, but this is clearly a bug in one of Adobe's falgship products. Are you guy planning on fixing this? It's a pretty severe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running compatability is not a fix it is a work around. I have latest Adobe Acrobat Reader 2020.013.20074 and had to set program to Windows 7 compatability for same reasons as above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i reach to this folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader .

Now how to Choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility."  Help me with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click the icon from desktop then it will show. I couldn't find that in folder either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I have Windows 10, I have tried all of the solutions that you have posted here and I am still having the issue.

- I have reinstalled the softaware

- I have intalled the latest driver for my AMD RYZEN 5 videocard drivers

- I have the lastest Adobe Reader DC version

- I have ran the Troubleshoot compatibility

not sure what else to do to get this issue taken care of... any thoughts???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why didn't you try the solution mentioned in this thread? Running Acrobat in compatibility mode solves the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so far nothing worked for me either, but then I did this:

1. right click on Acrobat Reader
  2. choose properties
  3. choose compatibility tab
  4. choose windows 7
  5. click apply

Hope it will work for you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously have gone through 3 IT departments and hours and attempted fixes. This was so simple and effective. Adobe needs to post this at the TOP of the dang page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's abslutely ridiculous that Adobe Acrobat Reader DC needs to run in Windows 7 compatability mode on Windows 11. 

Thank you all for helping me with this infuriating issue, but this shouldn't be an issue at all. 

Windows 7!!!!??? Really!!!???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still going on after 2 years and has not been fixed, just workarounds. I'm using Vega 3 graphics on Windows 10 64-bit. I installed 32-bit version of Adobe Reader instead and there is no issue. Issue is only with 64-bit Adobe Reader.

I don't know who's guilty here, Adobe or AMD but this is a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry to keep you waiting.

This issue is fixed with the recent version (22.1.20142) of the Acrobat/Reader DC application.

Please update the application from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once and check.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader on my lap top.  When reader is used for a PDF, it opens normally.  However, once I click on the active part of the screen or document, it blackens with white areas around text.  Difficult at best to try and edit or add signatures, notes and the like.

I am updated; this is only happening with PDFs in Adobe Reader not Acrobat. Running Windows 11.

Suggestions so Reader doesn't cause this in the active document screen?  All other aspects of the software are fine...the top and side toolbars...just the active document turns black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Whenever I open a file and click to scroll down the whole screen turns black. 

I have uninstalled it and installed again but same problem. 

Any ideas?

pdfblack.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue too using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2020.006.20042 on Windows 10.

PDF issue.png

I think it was working for a while (new machine) but has recently started doing this. Could it be related to an update of Windows or the reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this fix in another thread and it fixed the same issues you are having that I was having as well:

Choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility." Tell the troubleshooter to run this program in Windows 7 compatability mode.

It now works perfectly. NOTE: AcroRd32.exe is a 32bit program -- that's why it's in the (x86) folder. For some reason, Win10 won't run it properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great!!! It solved the problem!

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

delete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this.  It works now after telling the program to use Windows 7 instead of Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines