Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to disable Welcome Screen in Acrobat 2015 or DC

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have downloaded Acrobat DC, extracted the MSI, and used the customization Wizard to remove the desktop shortcut, disable updates, and accept EULA.  I have configured Group policy to set the following registry keys (among others):

HKLM\Software\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown\cWelcomeScreen

bShowWelcomeScreen

Reg_DWORD

as per:  http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/AVGeneral.html?zoom_highlight=welc...http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/AVGeneral.html?zoom_highlight=welc...

and the following Welcome screen keeps appearing:

AdobeAcrobatDC.png

I have also downloaded Acrobat 2015, and used the same process, but used the registry:

HKLM\Software\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2015\FeatureLockDown\cWelcomeScreen

bShowWelcomeScreen

Reg_DWORD

and it still appears.

is there a way to disable the welcome screen that appears?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Hi,

If you would like to disable the above dialog, you can set the following key either through Group policy or through the direct editor in the Customization Wizard:

HKLM\Software\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2015\FeatureLockDown\

bUsageMeasurement

Reg_DWORD

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you would like to disable the above dialog, you can set the following key either through Group policy or through the direct editor in the Customization Wizard:

HKLM\Software\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2015\FeatureLockDown\

bUsageMeasurement

Reg_DWORD

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinod

That has worked great, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am experiencing this issue. Why in the world would we EVER have to edit the registry to address a nag screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the "other" Welcome screen?  It covers most of the document and is a kind of slideshow explaining how to use various features. The above has no effect on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you meant this welcome screen :Capture.PNG you can set the following registry to 1:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVGeneral\bHideUnreadMsgAtLaunch

Does anybody know how to disable from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ? because I will prefer more to use that method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this one is different (it's almost a full overlay), and I don't recall seeing yours before. I tried setting bHideUnreadMsgAtLaunch back to 0 and still didn't see yours. Odd. Anyway, here's mine:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little strange but I found out that if you create two subkeys (AcroApp and FTEDialog) under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC that Access Files Anywhere screen is no longer shown in the first start.

Note: If you are using Adobe Customization Wizard to create package you also need to create some dummy values under those keys because that tool does not allow you to create empty keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

simoy7741270 schrieb:

Little strange but I found out that if you create two subkeys (AcroApp and FTEDialog) under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC that Access Files Anywhere screen is no longer shown in the first start.

Note: If you are using Adobe Customization Wizard to create package you also need to create some dummy values under those keys because that tool does not allow you to create empty keys.

what kind of subkeys?

At the path you mentioned I already got AcroApp and FTEDialog with some keys in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set those registry entries to deployment package with Adobe Customization wizard. After that the users did not get the dialog bjf2000 mentioned. Subkeys and values are not relevant. But you need to create some value bacause empty keys are not permitted with Customization Wizard Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution for my problem by modifying :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVGeneral]

"bHideUnreadMsgAtLaunch"=dword:00000001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be added via the customization wizard? I've tried but it does not add the reg key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to figure this out as well and determined for Acrobat Reader DC 2017 showing the image as shown by user bfj2000. To disable this one all you need to do is add one registry key similar to the way simoy7741270 suggested...

Create one subkey (AcroApp) under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC

Do the following using Adobe Customization Wizard to create package to disable that Access Files Anywhere screen

Open the AcroRead.msi file in the Wizrard

Make your customizations

then go into Registry, and add the key AcroApp with Dummy value as below

And save your package. Once you have the MST file all customizations are saved and you are good to go.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinod-

After install of Reader DC the key of HKLM\Software\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\2015 isn't created. Is this something that is needing to be added manually in order to prevent the welcome screen from showing after first install?

If you could let me know when you get a chance. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit

Preferences

General

Uncheck: "Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellow All..
Please any once have idea about registry for remove this screen. it's not remove form

bshowWelcomescreen = 0

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Same problem occurs on our pc's after installing the newest Adobe Reader DC.

Every regkey or GPO provided by Adobe isn't able to hide this welcomescreen.

Adobe.PNG

Is this a bug or do we need to apply a hotfix or another regkey to hide the particular screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines