• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to view PDF file - Getting Error ' need Adobe 8 or higher' [2017]

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't begin to explain my frustration with Adobe help. Your customer care might as well be customer "we don't care" as the most help you offer is dependent upon getting help from others in forums or a bunch of tips that don't help.

To my knowledge, I have downloaded Adobe DC. I even uninstalled and re installed Adobe DC. Now, every time I try to open documents attached to Yahoo I get a message:

The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher. You may not have the Adobe Reader installed or your viewing environment may not be properly configured to use Adobe Reader.   For information on how to install Adobe Reader and configure your viewing environment please see  http://www.adobe.com/go/pdf_forms_configure.

Even when I Google I-9 form and try to open the document.....same message.

Any help, please.

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

If I right-click the link on this page, B13A - Export Declaration I am able to choose to save it and use File>open in Reader. What exactly happens when you have followed those steps? Remember, open Reader first and use File open after saving the pdf file using the right-click method.

The reason Chrome isn't opening this file is because Chrome now uses it's own pdf viewer and it can make a mess of these types of dynamic form. Other pdf's may open just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Android app that can do this. You will need to find a Windows or Mac system and use Acrobat Reader there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Is there no other browser that makes this possible on Android?? 😩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same but it says that it can not open as the format of the document is different which is I think html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I right click the link Application for Canadian Citizenship — Adults [Form CIT 0002] and save to the computer it saves as HTML and if I open the adobe reader  and open this file it gives the following message. Please help as it is most simple taks yet most frustrating.Pdf not opening- the file.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the file with .html extension in a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue on my iPad. Cannot open in adobe 8 or higher message...... can u help me please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the file in Acrobat Reader on Windows or Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the typical message you'll get whenever you're trying to open a dynamic PDF form created with LiveCycle Designer or AEM Forms Designer in a PDF viewer which doesn't support this kind of PDF. Adobe Acrobat and Reader nativley support this forms so there are only two possible reasons you're seeing this message: 1) The file is damaged in some way. 2) You're not using Adobe Reader or Acrobat for macOS or Windows to view the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am having the same issue trying to download files from the state of Ohio Job and family services. Has worked in the past. PAID for upgraded version to make this work still no satisfaction. Doesnt do any good with Adobe support guess I will try State of Ohio IT to get some satisfaction. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to pay for anything to open such files. You can use the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, but you have to do so on a regular computer, not a mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After making adobe the default PDF viewr, it still won't open a pdf by double clicking. It needs to be opened within Adobe Reader with "open file".

What year is this? 1995?

And you spend HOURS filling a pdf for immigration purposes hit save, only to have only HALF the damn field be properly saved?

If there is one company that should be dissolved and let modders and internet community provide services it's Adobe... Garbage integration that a simple WEBSITE does better :(I love pdf is a god send).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the link, open FILE in Adobe DC.. worked great!. Had similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same issue.  I had to make Adobe Reader my default then it worked correctly. 

Even though I tried opening using Adobe Reader it was using my previous default of FoxIt.  Once I changed my default to Adobe Reader, it worked!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. Two times that I have tried and I get a message please wait while I look into your account. Then I never hear from them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about documents on your phone? I have the Adobe app that's supposed to be able to open it and I download document, try opening it with Adobe app and it won't work. Cant right click on phone apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These documents won't work on a phone. Get them to a Mac or Windows computer and open it with Acrobat Reader. I don't say this is good: complain to the people delivering these files to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me the only problem is trying to preview the doc from the desktop (or any app) and not opening it in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. The information is there, even though the preview gives this message.

It’s stupid, but you simply can’t preview this type of PDF in the OS. It has to be opened in Adobe only to view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you who have tried the other methods to get this to work and it didn't, I found another solution: Use Edge and enable IE Mode for the site (Or use IE11 of you still can). govenment websites are rarely updated to use the new browsers.

Open Edge

Click the Menu (three dots)

Click Settings

Click Default Browser

Click "Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode (IE mode)" then in the dropdown click Allos

Click Restart Browser

Go to the site and open it.  While on the site, click Menu, then "Reload in Internet Explorer mode"

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solid nope. Ugh. I have a Permanent Residency (Gov't of Canada) filled PDF that won't validate to be able to print. My Adobe Reader DC appears to be up to date based on the gov't website links and me on the Adobe website doing a manual update. The PDF form is supposed to "validate" with barcodes to be able to print and it is not working. The gov't help isn't available with the labour "distruption". I can fill out the form no problem. It'a the "validate" that will not work. Without the barcodes from validating, the form can't be submitted and therefore the application not completed. So ridiculous (I mean from the gov't end of things).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if I save and open with Adobe. It gives me the same error. I just paid for a subscription hoping that would help. Nope.

What utter nonsense

What a waste of everyone's time and money

How are we still having this issue?? It's been years. Fix it for God's sake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with a paid subscription. This error happens when the file is incorrectly saved (usually printed to PDF, or saved using some third-party software), instead of being downloaded directly and then opened in Acrobat or Reader. If you do that it should display just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines