• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHY DOES ADOBE NEED SO MANY UPDATES?!!!!!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2010 Jan 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the heck does adobe reader need to many frigging updates every frigging week!!!

I swear, as a student i have enough active programs already, i don't need more porgrams to frigging restart my computer everyday just because your stable platform of adobe sucks. The worst part about adobe's updates, are the following:

1) it is huge UPDATES (30mbs+), if I were to download the adobe reader from your site right now, it is less than the update package. Hows does that even make sense.

2) It feels the need to be important and restart your computer every time it updates.

3) Why does Adobe Reader even need so many updates, if there is constant client problems, than I think you should release a stable client all at once.

I will not use this PDF reader ever again. There is better PDF readers out there, that don't waste people's time on updates.

p.s. mounting a complain on this site also sucks. Has anyone tried to click on the product feedback page? it is like they don't want you to complain about their products.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 115 Replies 115
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel the pain! My concern was the other night I was at my computer which is an Mac mini.

I noticed that Adobe showed 7 downloads. I did not see 7 that needed upgrade but 3: Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. I proceeded to upgrade them, but the 7 at the top bar of computer where the Adobe A sits showed the number 7. The 7 did not go away and when I put my cursor over the 7 the spinning ball comes up. Then a little while later I saw an alert come up saying:

Your startup disk is almost full. You need to make more space available on your statup disk by deleting files. And I noticed my storage was going down!! to 783 mg! I have 367G left. I re-started, with 2.0 G! I have not added large amounts of data, photos not anything large. I had to get my tech guy that works on my mac to help. He did via the Team Viewer. Come to find out that Adobe in the support folderAdobe 302GB-2???.png

in this screen shot shows this CSUTracker.xml_0 taking up almost my whole hard drive!! And through Time Machine noticed when this showed  up! I had to pay this guy for 3 hours of work helping me delete large files to get back my 300G! Finalloy using

“What Size” we found that Adobe Creative Cloud loaded this onto my computer because of a screw up download! BS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call me paranoid but Adobe is owned by the devil now. The upgrades are cleaver ways to spy on us and take down another piece of US economy. That's why they need so many. The CEO is on Obamas' technology staff. Check out the 'credits' in the welcome screen. ISIS. Third eye on the photoshop opening screen Neptune-looking guy is a clear sign. We've got to stop using Adobe pretty soon. I know it's scary but...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting sick of Adobe's constant updates, so I've just stopped using applications that need Adobe Flash Player to run and why would I ever want to use Macafee. Adobe your Flash Player is great, but the sooner we move over to HTML5 the better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum isn't about Flash Player, and this discussion was about Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now towards the end of 2017 and this is still happening!  I bet the adobe readers from 1997 can read the same PDF file of today.

The reader should never have be to updated let alone more than once every two years and there should be an option to turn it off completely until further notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fabm_acro  wrote

The reader should never have be to updated let alone more than once every two years and there should be an option to turn it off completely until further notice.

Once every two years? Impossible. Many of the "updates" are security updates. If people keep trying to break the security, Adobe will need to continue the updates.

Test Screen Name  wrote

I am concerned that you are getting fake updates if it happens often.

^^^. This. There have only been what, four this entire year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's real.  It is them.  I just want to see an option that says "Manual update. We will never bother you again about updating the adobe reader for pdf files, which really rarely have any noticeable improvements anyway.  I know you just want to view a pdf quickly. We will leave you alone about another update."

2017-10-20_1818.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to shut those off. Here is some info on that: Automatic Updates - Adobe Acrobat and Reader

You can download and install updates from here: Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How often do you get updates? I am concerned that you are getting fake updates if it happens often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate adobe frequent updates, and find it very to be very suspicious.
They always push the stupid worthless McAfee antivirus hoping someone will forget to unchecked the instal checkbox. 
Why a company like adobe would even support a criminal, justice fugitive John McAfee?!?!?
John McAfee has a long history of criminal charges even accused of killing his neighbor in Belize!!!
Would you give him access to your computer via his McAfee "antivirus"?!?
Definitely not me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the reply to your other posting.

Don't post wrong informations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost everyday I get an update notice!! I am so sick of this! It's in my face and it's getting ridiculous!!! Give us a damn break!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sick of the updates. I am working to create something and I need to go into photoshop or lightroom and work on it. Your contant updates are an interruption, and sets me back about an hour everytime which is every damn week, at least!! In business and in the creative field Adobe doesn't give a damn how about us and how much time they make us waste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahahahaha just to read a PDF......
Use Sumatra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are 13 years+ and counting.  Thanks to the OP and all of you for demonstrating why this cannot be fixed.  It isn't about updates.  They happen, but they are the only signal in this noise. It's about attention.  The update notifications make me look at their name and logo at least three times a day.

Some companies do the math and understand that my value as a customer is far less than my cost if they address my problem.  Companies that do that increase the friction a user feels when seeking support.  Or they just don't serve that pesky form any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Makes perfect sense! Thank you!

Thomas Levine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines