• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat unworkable - no file visibility outside Acrobat

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat on my computer is excellent. On Android 8 (Huawei), and other versions, it is useless. It seems to work as an independent stand alone app. Files created via scan and other means are inaccessible outside of Acrobat. I have read the support posts about file saving and file location in a folder that is not visible or accessible in any file manager. It seems the only solution to use a pdf outside of Acrobat, e.g. attach that pdf to an email, is to upload to Cloud and then download to a desired location.

If I am missing bow to access created pdfs from another app, please could someone say.

Jonathan

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

Currently, we do not have any direct option to save the PDF from Document Cloud to locally on the device.

However, you may try the workaround to save the files on the device.

Refer the methods mentioned in this help link Acrobat Reader Help for Android: Managing files and folders.

You can also save the file on Drive or Dropbox using the "Share file" option.

Then from there, you can download the PDF to your local folder on the device.

You may share your feedback/suggestion for this on the links provided below.

Adobe Acrobat Reader: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Adobe Scan: Scan Android Feature Request and Bug Report Form

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response that I feared would be.

Adobe must surely realise that the routine you describe is cumbersome and time consuming to the point that it makes a good app like Abobe Scan more or less unusable. It took me 7 mins to attach an Adobe Scan to an email! ! !

They seem to have an Apple mentality of working inside a walled garden, and drive people away.

I hope that will change, in meantime, will use more usable apps instead of Adobe.

Regards Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines