• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC horizontal scrolling with two fingers on TouchPad does not work

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded from https://get.adobe.com/it/reader/ the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on my Windows 10 laptop and I noticed that horizontal scrolling two fingers on TouchPad does not work even though there is an horizontal scroll bar, and indeed the only way I have to scroll horizontally is to click on it. 

Vertical scroll with touchpad works perfectly, plus vertical and horizontal scrolls with touchpad both work perfectly on other apps (like Microsoft Office, Google Chrome etc...).

So that makes me think the issue is strictly related to Adobe.

I already tried uninstalling and re installing the program - it doesn't help.

How can I solve the issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,
same problem here. Read your comments and hints.

These are 16 months old.

1st read here on the Lenovo site:

https://support.lenovo.com/uy/de/solutions/ht503445

Title German:

"Das horizontale Scrollen mit zwei Fingern auf dem TouchPad oder TrackPoint funktioniert in einigen Anwendungen nicht - Windows - Think Pad")

Title English:

"Horizontal scrolling with two fingers on TouchPad or TrackPoint does not work on some applications - Windows - ThinkPad"

https://support.lenovo.com/uy/en/solutions/ht503445

Given solution: No solution.

Nevertheless here the fix for me after one hour research:

Menu GENERAL

DEACTIVATE the box with "using hand toy for mouse wheel zoom"

Kai5CFC_0-1615645390018.png

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the behavior disappear if you switch off tablet mode in your windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hardly ever use tablet mode and from what I see it is disabled but the problem is still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just for testing purpose, try uninstalling it again but if you have been reinstalling from the Google Playstore , try instead downloading the offline full installer from here:

https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/   and perform an update to bring it to the current version.

Better yet perform a direct download to the latest version from here:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/ 

If after installing throgh this method doesn't show any progress maybe you should try to run the Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter and let the wzard automatically check for issues. Sometimes it will detect , download and install necessary dependencies for the 32 bit Acrobat application to work properly in the 64bit windows environment.

You may also choose from the compatibility troubleshooter an older version of windows, like windows 7 for example, and see if that works too.

If you don't feel comfortable trying this, then I suggest to continue to find settings under Preferences, that you may check or uncheck in different categories, such as Accessibility, General, Page Display, anything under page display properties or reading mode for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"if you have been reinstalling from the Google Playstore" - that's not my case, whenever I installed it was always from the link I wrote in my first message.

Anyway I tried uninstalling and re installing from each of the 2 links you sent, the problem is still there.

I tried to run the Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter - it didn't help.

I tried to go over the settings under Preferences as you said, checked and unchecked some stuff there but again - nothing.

I'll probably switch to some other PDF reader for the moment...

EDIT: I just tried another PDF reader (Foxit Reader) and it seems that I have the same identical problem with horizontal scroll that I have with Adobe Reader. What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! Is your laptop an ASUS Zenbook or any ASUS laptop? Let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have a ASUS Zenbook and I have the same problem... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is starting to look like a driver issue after an update is applied.

When you go to control panel, are you able to configure the settings for the touchpad, or are they greyed out?

Does it allows to right-click on it and roll back to an older version of the  touchpad driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the dumb question. Where can I find the touchpad settings?

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Go to Control Panel ---> Devices and Printers.

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers

You should see your device listed there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never reinstalled from Google Playstore but only from the link I wrote in my first message.

I tried all the above but didn't help.

Also I tried using another PDF Reader (like the ones you can see here https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/best-free-pdf-reader) and I have the same problem with them (except with PDF XChange Editor and Sumatra PDF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting!

Well, in that case two things come to mind:

1. In windows settings recheck if Adobe Reader  currently defaulted to the main PDF handler and viewer and not MS Edge.
  2. Download and install the most current drivers, specially the TouchPad, from the laptop device manufacturer website, not from the Windows 10 automatic updates nor  the Microsoft Store.

I think that the PDFs products that seem to work have no problem interfacing beween  the  touchpad hardware driver , the windows 10 and their PDF apps (I am just speculating here, not even sure if I am making any sense).

Check also in Adobe Reader if under preferences, accessibility or any other general settings mouse gestures need to be disabled or modified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,
same problem here. Read your comments and hints.

These are 16 months old.

1st read here on the Lenovo site:

https://support.lenovo.com/uy/de/solutions/ht503445

Title German:

"Das horizontale Scrollen mit zwei Fingern auf dem TouchPad oder TrackPoint funktioniert in einigen Anwendungen nicht - Windows - Think Pad")

Title English:

"Horizontal scrolling with two fingers on TouchPad or TrackPoint does not work on some applications - Windows - ThinkPad"

https://support.lenovo.com/uy/en/solutions/ht503445

Given solution: No solution.

Nevertheless here the fix for me after one hour research:

Menu GENERAL

DEACTIVATE the box with "using hand toy for mouse wheel zoom"

Kai5CFC_0-1615645390018.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome solution and thank you for updating this old  thread.

I think that this may be the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines