• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print related issues on Acrobat Reader Mobile

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to troubleshoot an issue for a couple of months now. I AirPrint PDF files to an Epson printer. For over a year I had no issues. Now the documents preview correctly but then often have black boxes around many of the graphics.

I am a teacher and school starts soon!  I have so much to prepare and have wasted so much time, ink, and paper. The printer help desk seems to think it is a program issue and not a printing issue.

Was there an update recently that changed?  The same files don’t print properly any more.

[Thread has been edited and accepted solutions merged into one for better experience]

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution 1:

Upload your pdf to Google Drive then print it by clicking the print icon in the top right of the screen

Solution 2:

I finally found the fix to this.  It IS a Mac issue.  The fix is to go to the file then click on it and hold, then press control and click "open with Adobe".  You should then be able to print it with no problems.

Solution 3:

I was able to fix this issue by going to Properties > Imaging > uncheck "Print test as black" and "Print graphics as black".  I suspect it was the "Print images as black" that was the actual problem, but I dont have the time or inclination to verify that, I'm just happy it's no longer printing large sections of solid black.  Oh, the steps I mentioned are from within Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Hope it helps someone.

Solution 4:

The only way I found I could print in adobe PDF on my Chromebook is to share the document to the printer app for my printer. [open document]>share>share copy>[choose the printing app or plugin for your printer]>choose printer>[format the print job. i.e. number of copies/pages/etc.]>print. Kinda tedious but it works.

Solution 5:

Solution to Adobe app forcing you to print to Google Cloud>

Install the adobe extension from the Chrome Web store.  This allows you to print from your installed printers

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info. I have tried printing from my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Air. I’ve printed directly from the Acrobat App and also from copies I sent to iBooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

We apologize for the delay in response.

Hoping that you have managed to find the solution by now. If you are still struggling with the same issue then try the following suggestions-

1- As shared, you did try with other devices as well and all returning the same pattern. Was it with every PDF or a specific one? Check with a different file.

2- Try updating printer drivers first. If multiple devices causing problem, then it could be a faulty printer.

3- Can you share the Acrobat version you are using on different devices?  

Let us know if you have managed to find the solution.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue!  I have deleted and reinstalled my printers, I've made sure my "window selection" is white and not black in my preferences tab, I've called HP about my printer and it's still happening.  When I convert the page I want to a jpeg...it DOES NOT happen, only when the file is a PDF.  I don't have time to convert every page to jpeg, what should I do now?  What setting is changed?  This just started recently!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! were you able to get the issue resolved? If so, how? I am having this same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was NOT!!! Still trying to get this worked out!

*Cheers,*
*Ashley*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution 1:

Upload your pdf to Google Drive then print it by clicking the print icon in the top right of the screen

Solution 2:

I finally found the fix to this.  It IS a Mac issue.  The fix is to go to the file then click on it and hold, then press control and click "open with Adobe".  You should then be able to print it with no problems.

Solution 3:

I was able to fix this issue by going to Properties > Imaging > uncheck "Print test as black" and "Print graphics as black".  I suspect it was the "Print images as black" that was the actual problem, but I dont have the time or inclination to verify that, I'm just happy it's no longer printing large sections of solid black.  Oh, the steps I mentioned are from within Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Hope it helps someone.

Solution 4:

The only way I found I could print in adobe PDF on my Chromebook is to share the document to the printer app for my printer. [open document]>share>share copy>[choose the printing app or plugin for your printer]>choose printer>[format the print job. i.e. number of copies/pages/etc.]>print. Kinda tedious but it works.

Solution 5:

Solution to Adobe app forcing you to print to Google Cloud>

Install the adobe extension from the Chrome Web store.  This allows you to print from your installed printers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This suggestion worked, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be down to hyperlinks on the page, are you using MacOS or Windows, as the problem is typically Mac by the looks of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have time for this myself as it is very time consuming to read through replies in searching for a solution that works. The problem is not a Mac or Microsoft issue. It is not a printer drive issue. The solution may be resolved like this: Open the (Word) file and save as PDF and then open the file in  Adobe Acrobat and safe there again. This way it is Adobe PDF Acrobat which eliminated the issue with any boxes appearing on my documents saved just PDF abut edited in Adobe Acrobat. However you may have the option right off to save as Adobe Acrobat from the get-go and save steps. Hope this works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have time for this myself as it is very time consuming to read through replies in searching for a solution that works. The problem is not a Mac or Microsoft issue. It is not a printer drive issue. The solution may be resolved like this: Open the (Word) file and save as PDF and then open the file in  Adobe Acrobat and SAVE there again. This way Adobe PDF Acrobat eliminated the issue with any boxes appearing on my documents, by merely saving Word PDF but saving in Adobe Acrobat format. You may need to edit doc first. I don't know.  However you may have the option right off to save as Adobe Acrobat from the get-go from Word and or Adobe Acrobat program which will save you steps. Hope this works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! This worked for me after I tried so many other things. It was tricky to find the right settings in Adobe but in the end I was able to print without any blakc boxes 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing through adobe rather than through Apple preview solved this issue for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had de same issue and it was resolved when uncheck Save ink/tonner in my Epson L575

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hope it helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when we try to print on the chrome book it only goes to a cloud printer. no option to printer to a standard printer. instead it ask to sign into a google account to do cloud printing. however, when i do the same procedure on my android phone i see all the printers when i am connected to the WiFi that the printers are on the same network,

how do i get the same when printing from the chrome book

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Booby,

I assume your printer it's connected to the internet if you want to try on your chromebook to go in the address bar, type chrome://devices, and then press Enter.

You should be on the Google Cloud Print service which will detects any printers on the network.

• If your printer is listed under New devices, click Register, and then click Register again to confirm and print a confirmation page.
  • If your printer is listed under My devices, your printer is already registered with Google Cloud Print. Click Manage to view your registered Google Cloud Print printers.
  • If your printer is not listed, make sure your printer is connected to the network.

Let me know if this works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see nothing listed under devices.  The printer is connected to the network.  I can print other docs, just not PDFs. They are forced to google cloud print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. When trying to print from Reader it automatically forces me to the Google Cloud Print page, with no other options available (see attached screenshot). Apparently Adobe didn't get the memo about Google disabling Cloud Print. When printing elsewhere, Chrome and all other apps bring up my local wifi printer I set up in Chrome settings, no problem. Only having this problem with Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, when i try to print any pdf it automatically prompts me to sign in on google . I have tried everything and till this day i'm unable to print anything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with Adobe forcing print to google cloud.  Printing from other apps are no problem. Only solution I have is  to use phone to print PDF . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using my iphone but I don't see a print option either??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting a bit off topic, but I get a Print option in Acrobat Reader on iPhone. Last item in the three dots menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines