• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Download Languages For Read Aloud (Androi

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the following error whenever I try to download languages for the "Read aloud" function.

Screenshot_20230514_234308_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I haven't found anything about this issue in these forums or elsewhere.

Please, advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @André G Heindrickson ,

If I am not mistaken, if you're trying to download languages for Adobe Acrobat and they are meant to be used with a full desktop operating system, they will not install.

Try using the recommended Text to Speach from Google:

You may also need to download and install third-party PDF reading apps from the Google Play store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Doesn't it seem a bit preposterous that Acrobat would show me the option to download these languages in Android if they were only meant for Windows?

Also, Google Text-to-Speech is already enabled on my phone settings, and it makes no difference.

Finally, sure, I could download a different app for this purpose, which is a "solution"that fits mostly every problem. However, I'm looking for a solution for Acrobat, my main reader, which is why I posted in this forum.

Kind regards,

AGH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, but unless my Acrobat Mobile App is different than yours, I don't see where in that app you have an option to download Read Aloud languages for Acrobat.

Read Aloud and Accessibility features are handled by the device's operating system not by the app itself.

But maybe I am preposterously wrong and you may be able to clarify what exactly am I missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first screenshot I submitted is straight from Acrobat's Android app.
It can be accessed through the following button:

Screenshot_20230515_174728_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Best,

AGH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clarifying.

I don't have it... I think I'm missing an update in my app.

I will post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested on mine and it is working OK

I did notice that when I picked up Portufguese (Brazil) language from the list, it took a little while to download and install.

I can think of two things:

• Uninstall and reinstall the app

• or sign out of the app completely,  and then sign in again to check if the problem is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read Aloud uses the language installed in your Phone. Android uses TalkBack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. My phone has Samsung text-to-speech engine and Speech Services by Google, and either option makes no difference.

Furthermore, why would Acrobat show me the option to download languages if they are not supposed to exist? Seems mighty arbitrary to me.

Kind regards,

AGH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same error, any news on solving it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cpintov1 ,

As mentioned, is working on my Android mobile device.

I updated the Acrobat Mobile app to its latest beta version, shown in the screenshot below:

Screenshot_20230519_184637_Settings.png

Alternatively, if you already updated to its latest version, see if clearing the cache and restarting the mobile device do any difference:

Screenshot_20230519_184738_Settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @André G Heindrickson @Cpintov1,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat Reader's read-aloud feature.

Acrobat Reader Mobile uses stock Android text-to-speech features to allow you to listen to the text within the document.

Have you tried downloading the language pack from your device's settings app? Also, Samsung uses its own Text-to-speech engine. Can you confirm if the application is installed on your device?

If not, you can do so from your Galaxy Store and then install the desired language pack on your device (depending on the availability in the list). Once downloaded, you can also use the same language on Acrobat Reader Mobile.

Let us know if the issue persists after following the above steps, and we will investigate further.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @André G Heindrickson @Cpintov1 

Can you check for possible updates to the application and let us know if the issue is fixed with the latest version?

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just done so (having the same problem here)
Nevertheless, Acrobat insists on using English instread of Spanish (ahich was my selection for TTS on Android settings)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @André G Heindrickson @Alexis31323758z7lj @Cpintov1,

This issue was related to Google and we raised a ticket with them. The issue stands fixed on their side.

Would you mind checking and letting us know if this is fixed?

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I had this same problem last year and after your last response I tried and it was finnaly working good. 

But now the problem returned. Can you guys try to check again with Google about it? 

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Alessandro365716887pu2,

Thanks for writing in! 

Please share the steps you use to switch or download the languages and a screenshot of any error you see.

This will help us investigate the issue at our end and take it up with Google.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines