Exit

Document not saving the changes

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! Ajinkya here

Deeply frustrated with Adobe .

Changes I make in my documents, like highlighting etc are not shown in original doc even after saving...and edited doc creates new doc for each new change and subsequent save. Also these new docs are not to be found in device folders. This problem is only on my tab ..on mobile Adobe works fine.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the most important thing here is "not to be found in device folders" because if it's making you save a file that can't then be found, everything will be lost.

Can you explain this in more detail please. Exactly where do you try to save (give the name of the folder please, or other location). How do you look for the file and find it is not there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we edit and come out ...The document is automatically saved . eg. If we make changes in doc named 'God.pdf' . In recent files additional file will generate named 'God.pdf_1' or something..But we access the original file that is 'God.pdf' through tablet..The changes are nowhere to he seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't think I understand that. Acrobat Reader doesn't automatically save anything for me.

Let's go to the basics to make sure we're on the same page.

What is your system? For example, Windows 10, Mac OS 10.8?

What is the version of Acrobat Reader you are using (from Help > About)?

Where exactly do you save? Please give the name of the folder or other location - I asked this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Device MI PAD

Android version 4.4.4 KTU84P

ADOBE acrobat reader version 18.2.0.182935

I saved my document in internal storage- (folder)A UPSC - (Subsequent subfolders)yojana 2017 - yojana_Jan-2018.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After saving the file you can see the location of the file at File > Properties > Description in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that confused us, we only understand about Mac and Windows here. Not your fault, the forum should say so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a terrible program. Just changed computer through an Apple store transfer and Governement PDF templates are not retaining changes while I am doing new savings. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Alexandre35985086s9pu,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for writing in!

Government PDF templates are non-editable in nature, and they need to be saved as a new copy for the changes to be saved. 

Please let us know if you are experiencing issues doing so, and share a screen recording of the event for us to understand and troubleshoot better.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines