• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing files

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tech support had me delete and reinstall acrobat - now my files are missing (can’t see them in recent or local; I could use them offline). So if they are on my iPad where do I find them?. Thanks

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in response.

If you have uninstalled and re-installed the Adobe Acrobat Reader from your iOS device without creating any backup for the files, sorry to say you will not find the files on your device.

On the iOS devices, files get deleted on uninstalling the application.

Once the file is deleted, it is not possible to recover them.

If you do not have any backup for those files, it is not possible to recover them.

I would suggest that always keep the backup of the files on your device before uninstalling.

You can either upload the files to Document Cloud or you can use the steps mentioned here How to back up and restore PDF documents on iPad/iPhone using iTunes to save the files on some other location.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in response.

If you have uninstalled and re-installed the Adobe Acrobat Reader from your iOS device without creating any backup for the files, sorry to say you will not find the files on your device.

On the iOS devices, files get deleted on uninstalling the application.

Once the file is deleted, it is not possible to recover them.

If you do not have any backup for those files, it is not possible to recover them.

I would suggest that always keep the backup of the files on your device before uninstalling.

You can either upload the files to Document Cloud or you can use the steps mentioned here How to back up and restore PDF documents on iPad/iPhone using iTunes to save the files on some other location.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines