Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Printing on Chromebook

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when we try to print on the chrome book it only goes to a cloud printer. no option to printer to a standard printer. instead it ask to sign into a google account to do cloud printing. however, when i do the same procedure on my android phone i see all the printers when i am connected to the WiFi that the printers are on the same network,

how do i get the same when printing from the chrome book

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Booby,

I assume your printer it's connected to the internet if you want to try on your chromebook to go in the address bar, type chrome://devices, and then press Enter.

You should be on the Google Cloud Print service which will detects any printers on the network.

• If your printer is listed under New devices, click Register, and then click Register again to confirm and print a confirmation page.
  • If your printer is listed under My devices, your printer is already registered with Google Cloud Print. Click Manage to view your registered Google Cloud Print printers.
  • If your printer is not listed, make sure your printer is connected to the network.

Let me know if this works

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see nothing listed under devices.  The printer is connected to the network.  I can print other docs, just not PDFs. They are forced to google cloud print.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I found I could print in adobe PDF on my Chromebook is to share the document to the printer app for my printer. [open document]>share>share copy>[choose the printing app or plugin for your printer]>choose printer>[format the print job. i.e. number of copies/pages/etc.]>print. Kinda tedious but it works.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. When trying to print from Reader it automatically forces me to the Google Cloud Print page, with no other options available (see attached screenshot). Apparently Adobe didn't get the memo about Google disabling Cloud Print. When printing elsewhere, Chrome and all other apps bring up my local wifi printer I set up in Chrome settings, no problem. Only having this problem with Adobe Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, when i try to print any pdf it automatically prompts me to sign in on google . I have tried everything and till this day i'm unable to print anything...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with Adobe forcing print to google cloud.  Printing from other apps are no problem. Only solution I have is  to use phone to print PDF . 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Acrobat Reader Android app? Or the built-in Chromebook PDF viewer?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Adobe app from Play Store, installed on Chromebook.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution to Adobe app forcing you to print to Google Cloud>

Install the adobe extension from the Chrome Web store.  This allows you to print from your installed printers

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not resolve the issue when trying to print from Adobe Acrobat Reader app.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app? There is only Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. and Now that Google cloud print is gone, it is impossible to print any PDF file that is stored on my Chromebook device. I can print anything with my Chromebook through a USB connected printer, it is obviously  Adobe problem that they are not willing to resolve.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.Wish I had years training in computers,but I don't.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up buying a Mac Mini and solving this problem.Guess I'll keep my ACER Chromebox for backup,in case the Apple dies.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines