• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working in a local copy, the app still asks me to create a local copy to save changes

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update, Acrobat reader always asks me to create a local copy to save changes made after I went to consult another app or define a word in a web browser, even though I was already working on a local copy of that doc. So, I have to close the app in order to keep working on the doc with all the comments and highlights, when I do that I choose the option local at he top of the screen, the select the doc I need and have to highlight again the last ones cause the app did not save them.

before the last update this error did not happen. Can you please tell me how to fix it?

i have an iPad with 9.3.5 iOS and the Adobe Acrobat reader 18.01.15

thanks

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pjack13​,

Acrobat Reader 18.01.22 is available in the App Store now.

It contains the fix for the problem that you've experienced.

Please tap the following link on your iPhone to update to the latest version 18.01.22.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-acrobat-reader/id469337564?mt=8

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ljuliethr,

Thanks for sharing the detailed information.

Kindly refer to the Re: Document is empty error  and install the latest update as suggested. Update your application to the latest version 18.01.22 and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Adobe Reader app on my iPhone every day and have the latest update. I’m having the same issue as ljuliethr. i create Text fields, and as long as my phone remains awake with Adobe open, I can keep creating and filling fields. However, if I close Adobe, or if my phone locks, the next time I attempt to create a Text field, I get the message to create another local copy. If I hit the back arrow at the top of the screen, I see a list of the local copies. I select the copy that I’ve been working on, then Adobe will allow me to create Text fields until I close the app or my phone locks. This is a new behavior for this app (as of the latest update) and is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pjack13​,

Acrobat Reader 18.01.22 is available in the App Store now.

It contains the fix for the problem that you've experienced.

Please tap the following link on your iPhone to update to the latest version 18.01.22.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-acrobat-reader/id469337564?mt=8

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

The new update is available and fixed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

it is working properly right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect!

Let us know if there is any further assistance is required.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines