• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC fails to install update

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I have several computers that are failing to install both patches (59 and 60).  I have rebooted a few of them but the update is still not installing.  I deployed the continuous version with updates enabled.  The notification is in the system tray. 

Here's the error from the Application log in Event Viewer:

Product: Adobe Acrobat DC - Update '{AC76BA86-A440-FFFF-A440-0C0F0A4E5C00}' could not be installed.  Error code 1625.

Is there any way to force along the patch to be installed besides manually installing it?  Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rmiltenb,

Please run Adobe Acrobat as administrator.

Also try to turn Off the security firewall .

Check if this resolves the issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the purpose of the Adobe Acrobat Update Service was to download and install the updates without admin intervention?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The service is to provide elevation, not to download and install updates.

If you are willing to collect several Updater and MSI log files, please let me know and I will provide detailed info which files needed.

You will also be asked to enabled Updater and MSI verbose logging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.  What info do you need for me to collect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Make sure AdobeARM.exe process is not running (you can use Task Manager, select “Show All Processes” button)
  2. Collect and save somewhere all existing AdobeARM*.log files from User\Temp (C:\Users\[CurrentUserName]\AppData\Local\Temp) and C:\Windows\Temp folders.
  3. Enable MSI verbose logging - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/223300
  4. Enable Adobe Updater verbose logging – set iLogLevel Reg_dword type value to 1 in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM   (64bit OS)
  5. Make sure no Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader is in use at the moment, as well as any Browser, Outlook, etc - Updater is waiting for files to be free before starting update installation.
  6. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0 folder and run AdobeARM.exe process.
  7. Wait a few minutes. Hard to say how long exactly, it depends on what Updater is already processing or waiting for.
  8. After you get error notification balloon, dismiss Updater (or after you no longer see AdobeARM.exe in the Task manager\Processes)  and collect :   all logs mentioned in step 2, latest MSIxxxx.logs from User\Temp and Windows\Temp folders (they may not exist, collect what is available)  

Please zip all collected logs and send zip file to me. Do not post in the forum!

Note that the only personal info in the logs will be current User Name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I received the logs and sent you a message. Did you receive it?

Also, please confirm that these are Standard User who have the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines