• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining an even pages file and an odd pages file into one PDF achieving propper order

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2008 Feb 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I have several documents that were scanned (in another application) using an autofeed scanner yielding one file for all frontpages (odds) and one file for all backpages (evens). I have these two files in PDF with comments on them. I would like to be able to combine the two files and achieve the right page ordering without doing it manually. Is there any way or script that may do this? I.e. insert page 1 from evens.pdf after page 1 from odds.pdf, page 2 from 2 (or 4 in real document) from evens.pdf after page 2 (3) in odds.pdf and so on?

Any advice on how to achieve this while retaining comments on both documents will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerly;

Santiago
TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to knock on Adobe, but until they figure out that this function is needed (this thread has been around for 4 years, do they read these things), you can use this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfsam/files/pdfsam/2.2.2/pdfsam-x64-v2_2_2.msi/download

It does exactly what you are asking for, and it is free.  Once it is open, select "alternate mix".

There are many other functions too.

Adobe, if you are reading this, please compile your programs for Linux to please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took me about an hour of googling and trying different options. Honestly I don't really know what a java script is so the best option for me was a program that could do this. Just use alternate mix like he said. Cheers

Thank you LarrySmith1000

PDF Split and Merge | Free Business & Enterprise software downloads at SourceForge.net

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfsam/files/pdfsam/2.2.2/pdfsam-x64-v2_2_2.msi/download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't get scripts to work with new version but this worked for Adobe DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has only been a minor update to Acrobat DC.

Make sure you are placing the scripts in the appropriate folder for your version of Acrobat/Reader.

For a test you can run the entire script form the JavaScript console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post again the javascript to combine two files, odd and even pages Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got crazy by this problem but this is the answer, so simple.
Download program and run alternate mix. Done!

PDF Split and Merge | HowTo use the Alternate Mix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Ideasmith gave the only true usable method, the other are talking greek. Well, the is a software called pdfsam it is free for mac or windows and it has a very simple option called "alternate mix", you do not have to split your file into single pages, you just take the two files and say: I want you to mix them, this is the odd and that is the even. Simple as apple pie. It astounds me why acrobat does not feature such a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create Odd folder Save As (Export) Book.png. Create Even folder Save As (Export) Book.png. Copy the contents of the Odd folder into the Even folder. Copy, but keep both files. You will have Book_Page_001.png and Book_Page_001 (2).png (the Odd counterpart). Combine all the files in the directory into a single PDF and BAM there you have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines