• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Callout box properties for javascript

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created several types of buttons that launch a javascript that will place a certain type of comment on the PDF. Rectangle, Circle etc.
However, I have not been able to find a reference for the Text Call out drawing object 
Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 2.01.55 PM.png
My script for basic rectangle
//Add a Comment/Square
var annot = this.addAnnot
({
page: this.pageNum, type: "FreeText", rect:
[487, 668, 87, 243], strokeColor: color.red
});

What should the Type be for a Text call out and how many coordinates should it have?

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

You're missing a few things in your script.

You need to decalre the intent of the callout  as "FreeTextCallout". This is what will allow you to enter text. And with that said, also decalre the text size, font size, and font type.

The example below is adapted from other examples found in the Adobe Acrobat SDK JavaScript API Reference,  Annotation properties, Page 24  (callout annotations are fully covered from page 12 through 37)

({
page: this.pageNum, type: "FreeT

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're missing a few things in your script.

You need to decalre the intent of the callout  as "FreeTextCallout". This is what will allow you to enter text. And with that said, also decalre the text size, font size, and font type.

The example below is adapted from other examples found in the Adobe Acrobat SDK JavaScript API Reference,  Annotation properties, Page 24  (callout annotations are fully covered from page 12 through 37)

({
page: this.pageNum, type: "FreeText", intent: "FreeTextCallout" , rect:
[200, 300, 200+150, 300+3*12], strokeColor: color.red, textColor: color.black, textFont: font.Helv, textSize: 10, width: 1, alignment: 1, 
});

What I do to to find the best coordinates and where to place a static annotation in the current page, I simply manually create one using the "Comment" tool. Then I resize it to how I want it and drag the annotation in that page and drop it where I want it.

Then you can open the console (CTRL+J) and run  a script to find the coordinates of that annotation and other properties.

Then you can take the coordinates output by the console and  use them and  work with them with your addAnnot script.  Adjusting the annotation position is illustarted with some examples of using Rect on pages 579-580. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines