• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the error "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit"

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2008 Jul 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gotten the RIKLA from Adobe. And I use the example code BasicPlugin(you can download it from Adobe wetsite) as my plug_in, then, I made the api file according to the steps in document in the "Creating an Adobe Reader Plug_in" section of the "Developping Plug_ins and Applications". As last,I copy the api file to plug_ins folder, open Adobe Reader 8. I saw under the Tool memu there is a new menu named Acrobat sdk so that I think the api file is loaded successfully by Acrobat reader. But an error appears, it is "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit". Can someone tell me why?Thank you.
TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2010 Jan 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we are using the signing tool in acrobat 9 SDK.

Should i build my plugin with acrobat 9 SDK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Reader, yes. For Acrobat, you can continue to use SDK 7 if you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have build my plugin with acrobat 8 SDK by VS2005.

And then run makemd32.exe return by adobe as the following steps:

• Type the path to the plug-in.
  • Type the path to the keypair file generated above.
  • Type the path of the file to store the encrypted message digest. It is recommended that you save this as msgdig.rc.

Next i replaced my plugin's  API_ENCRYPTED_DIGEST data segment by msgdig.rc.

Build my plugin.

Startup Adobe Reader 8,the same error appeared.

Also,the cert returned by adobe is 624 bytes and i noticed that it should be 554 bytes said by "Developing Plug-ins and Applications" in acrobat 8.1 SDK,

Is it OK?

For Reader 9 I see the helper below pointed by adobe.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/acrobat_sdk/9/Acrobat9_HTMLHelp/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?&accessi...

As the doc mentioned,after I receive my cert i just need using SignPlugin.exe to sign my plugin,but that cause the "Plugin Hash Failed" error.

If i copy the dummy.rc & RIKLA-DigCert.rc content into my plugin's resource file,the signing process is successful.

But it can not load by reader 9.

Did i missing some keys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2010 Jan 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct, because the key you were provided is only for Reader 9. As described in the agreement that you signed to obtain the key, the key is only good for a single version of Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the agreement said that

“Reader” means versions 8 and 9 of the Adobe Reader software application, on any platform, if made generally  commercially available by Adobe during the Term.

Even if the key is only for Reader 9, i signed my plug in conformed the way Adobe mailed me and it still can not be loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - then you have a agreement for both. I haven't read them recently. It should then work.

I would contact support and check in with them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

We are urgent to resolve this problem for our customer need this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried this in Visual Studio 2010?

thanks,

Roboblob

http://blog.roboblob.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VS 2010 is not supported for development of plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me. I don't know if my case is the same as the rest of people, but maybe It can be usefull to tell you. Two days after the mentioned error message appeared I was thinking a little about what I did on my PC just before the error began to manifest. I realized I just installed Babylon software (the trial version). Then I uninstalled it and all is right again. Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!!

I have the same case, but I didn't unistall the Babylon. I just removed the Babylon  folder in

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\plug_ins

and the adobe reader works great!

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!!!. That is better. Thank you very much. Tell me: ¿Does Babylon

work correctly?

El 22/07/2010 5:32, riv6 escribió:

thank you!!

I have the same case, but I didn't unistall the Babylon. I just removed the Babylon folder in

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\plug_ins

and the adobe reader works great!

thanks

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2010 Aug 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Babylon is the definite enemy.  Once I

"uninstalled" it my Adobe

9 worked just like it use to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick, simple and easy....thanks a million.....

...... it worked the first time and now I am back to using my reader....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2010 Aug 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

akp189,

Glad I was able to help, Your welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to adobe file under reader deleted all plugin files. then went to control panel and opened program, clicked on aadobe and clicked on change and selected repair and all right plug ins are added. then the error did not show any more. this good luck

c:program files: adobe: rader' reader: plugin

As you see I am not technical, however I took the risk based on comments on this blog and it worked.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Install Acrobat Reader 9.3.3 in  Hebrew I Got this message invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit

1. I moved all the files and folders under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\plug_ins to  backup place.
  2. Try the pdf reader and it is working
  3. Then copy from backup folder folder by folder until I Got this error again.
  4. In my case it was babylon that makethe crash so I delete it and it work fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I installed Babylon 8.0, Feedburner  and Wordfst and after these actions I couldn't open my Adobe Reader 9.3.3 which functioned fine before these installations. I went to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\plug_ins and find that the main culprit for this was Babylon 8.0. Then I tried to remove it but every time I opened Babylon this folder recreated itself. I probably should have deleted it completely, i mean the whole program but I really need it so now I use one at the time and every time I have to move Babylon plug in to folder Optional or to delete it. It works only if Babylon is closed. Only then my Adobe Reader works. I have to say its really tiresome...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very useful your info. I have not tried again. I have

uninstalled Babylon like you. I will not installed it until Babylon

repair this bug. I think that is the better to do.

Thank you

R

El 27/07/2010 8:41, Fiona808 escribió:

Last night I installed Babylon 8.0, Feedburner and Wordfst and after these actions I couldn't open my Adobe Reader 9.3.3 which functioned fine before these installations. I went to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\plug_ins and find that the main culprit for this was Babylon 8.0. Then I tried to remove it but every time I opened Babylon this folder recreated itself. I probably should have deleted it completely, i mean the whole program but I really need it so now I use one at the time and every time I have to move Babylon plug in to folder Optional or to delete it. It works only if Babylon is closed. Only then my Adobe Reader works. I have to say its really tiresome...

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Babylon plugin caused this error on V9.3.3 reader. Goto plugin flder delete the plugin, restart adobe, wala everything works A_OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2010 Dec 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you solution is right thanks for your exertion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2010 Dec 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2010 Jul 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstalling babylon will work, but if you still need babylon

just delete the babylon plugin in both adobe and babylon system folder

it really work for me !! feel so grateful to those of you who suggested this solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too downloaded Babylon translator. right after that I got the "invalid plugin detected" error message.  I didn't put the 2 together until I read this thread. Last night I uninstalled Babylon translator, and so far I have been able to view pdf files and  I have not got the error message anymore. Keeping fingers crossed that it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works sure. However, It would be better achieve that both

programs (Babylon and Acrobat reader) works well when both were

installed in your PC. I don't know what to do. I have written to Babylon

people but I have not any answer yet.

I hope some patch correct soon this problem. Good luck

El 04/08/2010 17:46, Normaswats escribió:

I too downloaded Babylon translator. right after that I got the "invalid plugin detected" error message. I didn't put the 2 together until I read this thread. Last night I uninstalled Babylon translator, and so far I have been able to view pdf files and I have not got the error message anymore. Keeping fingers crossed that it's fixed.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines