• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to fill out and sign forms

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed build 2015.010.20056, but was then unable to fill out and sign forms, which I used to be able to do.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI JillWB‌,

What steps are you following? What is the error message (if any)?

Have you tried the Repair Installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what I used to do: click on Tools, then "fill in and sign"

(translated from French, so the wording may differ a bit). Only absolutely

nothing happens, and the "Add text" icon never appears. The repair

installation didn't help.

Jill

[personal info removed by moderator -- please delete personal info when replying by email]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fill & Sign have two different layouts (see the image below). Are you getting any one of these or is it something else?

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Could you send a snapshot of the screen for better understanding. Also, could you try the same steps to this PDF‌ and post the snapshot as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this is slightly embarrassing! I had uninstalled it again from my PC, so when I saw your last post, I reinstalled (I downloaded the installation file from the exact same location as previously) and opened a document in order to compare the layout with your images. Only now it works! The layout is the same as in your first image, and I can now fill in both text and signatures. Thanks for forcing me to try again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know that your problem is solved.

Enjoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader does not work for me also.

I have the newest version of reader and Windows 10 Pro 64bit (1703 build 15063.540)

Try to download and open the following file. Try to fill it in.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/614369/CH2_iPDF_05_2017.pd...

P.S.

Just installed different version: Adobe Reader XI 11.0.10 and it's working fine now for me.

Download and install an older version of Adobe Reader | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The form that you have linked to is an XFA form and indeed cannot be filled out using the Fill & Sign tool in Acrobat or Reader DC, but can be filled out in Acrobat or Reader "natively" (not using Fill & Sign, but just clicking on the fields).

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Josh,

I didn't use any tools. I don't know anything about it. I just was trying to fill it out manually by clicking on the fields and typing. I twas freezing and crashing.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines