Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document Cloud "PDF Embed API" Error: "API Configuration failed"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created multiple Projects within the Adobe Developer Console in order to create new API Keys for the "PDF Embed API" for my company's client websites. While I have been able to create multiple Projects and ultimately able to create multiple API Keys for each of the separate environments, I am now completely unable to create new API Keys.

Each time I attempt to enter a new URL for the PDF Embed API to generate the API Key for the project, I am met with the error "API Configuration failed. Please try again."

While I have several examples of this process working successfully, now I am unable to create any additional API Keys and I was unable to obtain any assistance through the Contact Us Chat and Phone options.

Any assistance directly from Adobe would be appreciated here. Those API Keys that have been generated successfully are working fine and without issue. My need now is the ability to continue creating new API Keys for the remaining projects.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to know some more details on this..

How many keys have you already created. We have a limit of 20 API keys and would like to understand your use case if you need to create more keys beyind 20.

Also please let us know if you are trying to create your keys from the following link - https://www.adobe.io/apis/documentcloud/dcsdk/gettingstarted.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much obliged for the assistance, Arpan.

Firstly, I have been adding these API Keys after creating Projects in the Adobe Developer Console here - https://console.adobe.io/projects. Once a new project has been created, I add the PDF Embed API based on the URLs for each project. This error has occurred previously when attempting to add API Keys, and in particular it occurred when first adding multiple URLs, then only sometimes when adding a single URL.

Currently there are 15 API Keys created, and we should not need more than 20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the details.

There is a minor issue on the console which may have thrown this error. While we address that, can you try creating credentials using the link I have provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the continued help, Arpan.

Unfortunately the workaround using the https://www.adobe.io/apis/documentcloud/dcsdk/gettingstarted.html# function will not work as the "Application domain" field does not allow for paths, ports, queries or fragments, such as this example that we are attempting to utilize for our development environments - develop.site.url.com

For now I will wait for the console issue to be resolved and will attempt to utilize this function for our production environments that do not utilize this URL format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not quite sure what you are referring to - whatever is available in console is also there in the gettingstarted page. Both the links should help you create the credentials by providing the Domain.

Would be good to understand how you have created the other credentials on console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources