Exit

In the form of the docx file, the condition cannot be recognized

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same document cannot recognize the conditional expressions in the form,

form.PNG

but it can recognize the conditional expressions outside the form.

outside the form.PNG

Can anyone tell me why this is?

TOPICS
Document Generation API , PDF Services API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default4xctu2zqo1f6 ,

I believe that repeating sections are currently limited to being outside of tables. You are using tables in your document for layout, and as it relates to Document Generation, tables are thought of more for tabular data where the rows are the repeating items.

I see how you are trying to use it, and I will pass your use-case back to our engineering team. However, for the time being, my understanding is that repeating sections exist outside of tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ben Vanderberg 

I'm using tables for layout control as well.  This is causing us issues as too.  We are building a certificate (landscape, left most 2/3's of page contains client info and the other 1/3 on the right has certification information).  We need to exclude line breaks and merged data if no data is presented.  Examples:

Example 1: 

Company Name

Division Name 1, Division Name 2, Division Name 3, etc...

Address

Example 2:

Company Name

Address

Can we use conditional logic in Text Boxes to PIN data to specific areas in word?

Also, how do we make a text tag multiline?  My JSON data is passing in the \r\n in the address composite but only showing as a single line in the PDF output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note:  I just tried conditional logic in a simple text box and it doesn't apear to work there either...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:multiline applies to Adobe Sign tags. When you put that in and pass the document to Adobe Sign, it will add additional lines a person can fill. As @Apangasa mentioned, we are working to add support for new line characters. In the mean-time, one workaround is to pass the paragraphs as an array and use the

{% repeating-section [InsertValueHere] %} tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for the multiline question, I tried adding :multiline to the text tag mentioned in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-sign/comment-text-tag-with-line-break/m-p/10064979, but it didn't work with my cloud flow and Adobe document from Word template action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @default59ugs39irbw1 ,

Yes these are some limitations in the product. But we have taken both the requests that you have mentioned:

1. support for conditions in text boxes
  2. support for insertion of new line characters. The :multiline that you are exploring works only for Adobe Sign tags.

We are constantly working with customers to make our product better and we would surely consider providing the support for the request in one of our upcoming releases.

Also, if can you have any other feedback, please feel free to share it. 

Thanks,

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ben Vanderberg Do you have a update regarding this? Are repeated sections supported now inside of tables?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources