Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem opening PDF file

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem opening multiple PDF files that contain important data.

After scanning the document, a conversion was made from JPG to PDF format.

The generated files can be opened with web browsers and with other solutions compatible with the PDF format without any problem but when I try to open it with Acrobat Reader, it gives me an error message.

I have used several versions of Acrobat Reader but without result, just the error message change :
an error occurred while reading a stream
insufficient data for an image

The problem has already been corrected by Adobe but unfortunately it no longer works :
https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/acrobat/kb/insufficient-data-image.html

Could you help me solve this problem?

Could you give me some leads?

I added a sample PDF file to this message.

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ahemmadi

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the PDF file. As described above the PDF file is not opening and giving you the error 'an error occurred while reading a stream'

As we can check this PDF file is created using a third party application 'iText Sharp' and thus not working properly with the Adobe Acrobat / Reader DC. 

Are you the creator of the PDF file or have you got the PDF from a different user? Please try to recreate the PDF from the source file using Adobe Acrobat DC. Go to File > Create > PDF from scanner or ask the author of the PDF to recreate the file using the steps above. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

First of all, thank you for your response.

Indeed, I use the iTextSharp library to create my PDF file from a JPG file.

According to my analysis, the problem is only in images that are larger than A4.

I used several free and paid libraries on my application to be able to solve the problem but without result.
I also tested a few converters on the web and I still get the same error.

Can you explain to me why I manage to open my file correctly with other PDF compatible solutions?

Can you offer me other solutions?

Do you have an official Adobe library that I can use in my C # application?

Thank you Amal for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there 

I am sorry for the trouble. As it is a file specific issue and file is created using a third party application so there isn't much that we can do. Tagging it to Acrobat SDK and Javascript.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources