• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conversion Failure while combining files

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a paid subscription and have been trying to combine files this morning and am receiving conversion failure errors.  There is no document that is any different than I normally combine- so I am at a loss and very frustrated being this is my first month paying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Dear All,

I can now combine my files with no issue encountered. There was a particular document that was preventing the conversion all these while, I managed to detect it when I tried combining two documents at a time. So its all good my end.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same problem. Tried reducing the number of files combined; seemed to work erratically. Still getting the error and I'm down to three files from 12. Help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Royanita,

How many files are you trying to combine? Are they complex (large number of pages, mix of text and graphics)? What happens when you combine fewer files?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same issues regardless of the browser I use.  I'm only combining five 1-2 page files.  I started with a mix of PDFs and Word docs, then just converted the word docs into PDFS and tried again.  No dice.  I'm wondering why I'm paying Adobe to waste so much of my time--vert frustrating.  If you can't make this feature work, why are you wasting everyone's time--just take it down. ARGH!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Khursdhi1973,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with Adobe PDF Pack. Do you receive any errors when you try to combine files? What is the total file size of the files that you're combining? And, what sort of network connection do you have? Are there any firewall or proxy settings that may be limiting your access to the Internet?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue receiving the conversion failure message. At first I had selected several files, then I selected 1 2 page file and received the same error. It has worked in the past with no issue. The file was 167KB in size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dune 813,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble combining files. How many files are you trying to combine, and how long into the process do you receive the Conversion Failure error? Are the files that you're trying to combine complex? What happens when you combine fewer files?

Some things to try for starters are clearing the browser cache, or trying a different browser.

Please let us know how it goes.

Best,

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get  the failure message when using a one-word "test" Word document!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Just want to combine 10 pdf files. It actually worked fine till I found out that 1 page needed to be replaced. So It tried it again and now I get a conversion error. I am not an idiot, so I tested the new pfd (the one that I replaced). I can combine it with a random number of other pdfs without a conversion error. But if I select the 10 pdf files, I get a conversion error. There is nothing to convert, because they are all pdf files. This is really bad. What is even worse, it that on this forum there is not a single solution given.

I wanted to have an Abode solution, because I thought it be better than a free online tool.

Shame on you, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I actually cancel my subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem since yesterday. The day I paid the subscription fee, I combined six pdf to one. These files include my dissertation, motivational letter, CV, and other documents.

I have been trying since yesterday to do the same, but not working. I get conversion failure. After reading the replies from the Adobe staff, I tried just combining my CV (2 pages), motivational letter (4 pages), and certificate (2 pages) and transcript (5 pages), I still get conversion failure. I used two browsers, and I get same message. I have cleared the cache and cookies, I still get the same conversion failure.

When I subscribed to this service, it was not stated that there is a limit to how many files and pages to combine.  Please, fix this because I paid about 29.10 Swiss Franc for a month, but I only managed to use the service once. This is unfair and unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I can now combine my files with no issue encountered. There was a particular document that was preventing the conversion all these while, I managed to detect it when I tried combining two documents at a time. So its all good my end.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, why don't you share the fix with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 2 hours of jumping from tech to tech (and having to do other things), and everyone trying different things, including thinking it was "not allowed" restrictions in the documents, my having told the last tech of my suspicious of Adobe having some "number" I'd have to reach to cause the glitch to push me to upgrade, it dawned on him about Cloud space between Pro and the regular pack. Turns out my 20GB was FULL so it couldn't allow for anymore actions! Empty your Cloud storage or delete docs and you SHOULD be able to continue combining PDFs. I'm VERY relieved considering all the work I have to do asap. I hope someone is helped by this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What in the hell is going on here? NONE of this is RESOLVED! I am having the same issue YEARS later and yet no response from Adobe and no way to fix the issue! To say this is frustrating would be the understatement of the century. Looks like cancellation is the only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto!   Tell me how to fix it!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources