• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conversion Failure

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to use Export PDF to convert a PDF document to word,  Each time I try I get conversion failure.

I have tried with several different documents, none of which are more than 500KB.

Colleages within the office are able to use the system.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

You can use the URL to convert the PDF files, but if you are using the free desktop version of Adobe Reader and getting the error message.

Please sign out and sign back in with your current Adobe ID and password in Adobe Reader and check for any pending updates from Help>Check for updates. Reboot the machine after the installation of any updates and see if this makes any difference.

If the issue still persists after the update, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove the Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello joannes53900073

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not able to Export a PDF file as you are getting a conversion failure error message, Is that correct?

Please try exporting the PDF file through the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf with your Adobe ID and password on a different browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari and see if this brings any difference.

For testing purpose, try exporting the PDF file on a Mobile device, and see if you still get an error message. You may also connect the machine to a different network environment like a guest wired/wireless network, or a mobile hotspot and then try exporting the PDF.

You may also refer to File conversion error | ExportPDF

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When I use the URL the document uploads correctly and I can convert.

Does this mean that I will have to save the document and upload via the ULR each time going forward?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not help.  Another option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The Document Cloud team is aware of the issue and has been working on the resolution. There was an intermittent issue going on with the Document Cloud website while accessing the services. Which has affected few users and impacted their services (Exporting, Creating and Combining) which was resulting an error "Conversion Failure"

This issue has now been rectified and the services are up and running fine.We request you to check back whether it has resolved at your end or not.

Please do let us know if you are still experiencing the same problem, and if you have managed to find the solution for this problem then please do share your findings.

We would be looking forward for an update from you.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI. I am trying to Convert a PDF that is 4MB into excel and i get a Conversion Failure. The other file of 1MB converts without the error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sitho,

Do you get this error online via web browser https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf  or through the desktop application Adobe Reader DC?

Can you share the file with us? We would like to test the same at our end, to see whether issue is reproducible or not?

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Unfortunately I am unable to share the file.

I tried Both

• Web Browser

• Desktop App

i get the same error.

I also did the Removal Tool explained above.

i just renewed my subscription specifically needing to convert these 2 documents but was only able to convert the 1.

These documents are not Password Protected.

Please suggest what I should do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sitho,

Sorry for the delay.

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I';m still having conversion issues. I've tried the online tool on Adobe's website, as well as the Acrobat app on my MacBook and I continue to receive the same error message: "Conversion Failure." I've followed the previous instructions, but that didn't work. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shaneg,

We need the sample pdf file to test the same at our end. Would you please email it to us on the email shared in private message?

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your offer to help. Here is the subject file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also unable to convert my pdf file to a Word doc and am getting a "conversion failure" message.  I have tried with the desktop app and online option.  Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue - on my desktop app and on the URL.  I have tried different laptops.  I got the error, uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted and it    worked for 2 files then it    stopped working again. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have same problem withconversion failure. Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just signed up on Adobe yesterday and can not convert my PDF to a excel document. I get a error message for Conversion Failure. Have a paid for a subscription that will not provide me with my files getting converted? Please help. I thought Adobe could convert files. Can someone help me please?

thanks,

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Could you please try accessing the document conversion through the desktop application Adobe Reader DC?  Also, you may check with the new web interface of Document Cloud- Adobe Document Cloud

Adobe Acrobat official update (19.008.20074) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html

Regards,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am getting the same message .. unable to convert a pdf to excel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything listed here (except the cloud, which I don't want to pay for).  I have a paid subscription for a function that doesn't work, and I've spent the better part of the day on something that should have taken five minutes.  If you can't find a solution, I'd like a refund for my annual Export subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like my money back as well. Who can we contact to cancel our subscription? I would appreciate it if there was an email or some form of direct communication other than forums.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having a file conversion problem (PDF to Word) after I attempted using the link

https://cloud.acrobat.com/exportpdf

The error msg i get is : Conversion Failure

What should I do ?

Thanks,

Siva Tumma

[Personal info removed by Mod: Email address]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Siva,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Are you getting the conversion failure error on every PDF or with one specific PDF?

Have you tried converting other PDF files?

I have also checked  the records with your current Adobe ID(email) and found that you are subscribed to Adobe ExportPDF service but there is a billing issue that is the current subscription is inactive due to non-payment of the services.

You can check the same details on Adobe.com>Manage Accounts>Plans and Products, you may also refer to Adobe article Manage your Creative Cloud membership

This could be the reason you are not able to convert  the PDF files and getting the error message. I will request you to contact the Adobe support team so that they can assist you with the billing issue, contact Adobe support team through Contact Customer Care

I have also shared the direct contact details of Adobe support via private message, please check your email inbox.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the URL to convert the PDF files, but if you are using the free desktop version of Adobe Reader and getting the error message.

Please sign out and sign back in with your current Adobe ID and password in Adobe Reader and check for any pending updates from Help>Check for updates. Reboot the machine after the installation of any updates and see if this makes any difference.

If the issue still persists after the update, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove the Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs Reboot the machine, and then install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice, the issue has now resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Reader DC was up to date.

I downloaded Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool. I launched it and it ran awhile, but then I got a message that there was an error during the uninstalling process and it was done. Adobe Reader DC is still listed in my Applications folder.

Do you have additional suggestions?

Please note that Adobe Reader DC has converted every other PDF file to Word that I have tried. The only problem is with the one particular file.

Marston Meador

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources