• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On-line documents saved as pdfs. Limitations.

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I don't have any problems saving an on-line document as a pdf, searching it, editing, filling and signing.  But today I saved one of 35.8 Mb and found I couldn't search it.  So I tried exporting and converting it to Word using my Adobe Export PDF Plan.  It then said the conversion failed, perhaps because it is too large.  So I then tried saving only half the document, 20Mb.  Still I couldn't search the PDF directly, but I managed to convert it to Word OK, and searh this.

Does anyone know the size limits for these operations I have described using Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Export PDF Plan?  Also I have searched PDF files with far more words before but they have been less than 2 Mb in size.  Is there a more efficient way to save PDFs without obtaining such large files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open the file in Reader, are you able to select individual words in it? If so, what happens when you copy them and then paste in another application, like Word?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I apologise for my slow answer due to lack of familiarity with this forum procedure.  The answer to your question is that I am unable to select and copy anything from the 35.8 Mb file nor from the 20 Mb file which I did manage to export and convert on-line to Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unable to select --- implies the PDF holds a scanner output image or a mobile device photo of something.

An image of textual content is just an image - nothing to select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources