• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

syncing updated pdf files on acrobat cloud

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i access changes i made (updated pdf files) on ipad on my mac via cloud? If i can't do this, how do i ensure my changes to pdfs are being updated to the cloud automatically? (I have lost data in the past)

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Thanks for sharing the details.

• If your file is already under "Document Cloud" of "My Document" in your Acrobat Reader Mobile application, then the changes made in the will automatically be saved on "Document Cloud"

• Files  saved under "Local" or "Recent" would not be uploaded to the "Document Cloud" automatically unless you don't save it manually (after making changes in it)

1-Open a PDF.

2-Tap share icon share icon > Save to Document Cloud

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fatty000,

If you are making changes in the file on your desktop via Adobe Acrobat desktop application, please ensure that you have saved the changes manually.

Because changes made in the .pdf file on desktop app doesn't save unless you don't save it manually.

You need to save the file under "Document Cloud" if you want to access the same file through your mobile app as well.

You may refer to the help document Acrobat Reader Help for iOS: Manage connectors and cloud storage to know more about how to manage storage of PDF on "Document Cloud"

Let us know if this doesn't help.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant I make changes on my ipad app (adobe acrobat) and this should automatically save onto the cloud, right? But when I access it later, these changes are not reflected.

How can I force the app to upload the changes to the cloud version of that pdf?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details.

• If your file is already under "Document Cloud" of "My Document" in your Acrobat Reader Mobile application, then the changes made in the will automatically be saved on "Document Cloud"

• Files  saved under "Local" or "Recent" would not be uploaded to the "Document Cloud" automatically unless you don't save it manually (after making changes in it)

1-Open a PDF.

2-Tap share icon share icon > Save to Document Cloud

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am STILL having the SAME problem with my adobe app.

I have the Adobe Acrobat Reader on my ipad. On this I have saved 2 books I am reading and annotating (highlighting, adding comments, etc) which are both saved on the document cloud.

However, when I access the cloud from my phone or a browser on my computer, there are VERY OLD versions of the pdfs.

When I try to share the link or file using the icon with the up arrow in a box, it does not give me option to save to document cloud because it's already in the cloud. When I share the link and email it to myself, its STILL an old version. 

I can't seem to force it to save the updated version of the document (after editing) to the cloud.

This is a HUGE Problem as I need to access the updated annotated files from my computer and phone and thus make further changes to the most updated copy. Instead every time I access it online, its an old version.

PLEASE help.

Thanks.

Fathima

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fatima,

The files that you are trying to work with, did you check the document properties? Are you allowed to add comment to the files?

Right click on the files and check Documents Properties> Security Tab

If possible send one of the file to us, I have shared the email address via private message.

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second Fathima. Annotations in PDFs do NOT  sync properly. I recently noticed this oddity. I work with my documents on 3 devices: Win PC with Adobe Acrobat DC 2018.009.20050 installed (Win 7 Professional, Service Pack 1 if I'm correct), my Mac with Adobe Reader 11.0.23 (OS X 10.7.5) and Acrobat mobile app for Android (the most current version). Whenever I'm adding comments, notes etc. using Win version or Android version they sync perfectly but when I'm doing changes in either of them and open the documents from Acrobat.com in Adobe Reader 11.0.23 on my Mac I don't see the changes at all, unless I open them online (of course if I did manage  to catch the causal sequence of the events). After that the alterations magically reflect in Adobe Reader for Mac. Until that I can see newer annotations both online and in the Android app but not in a document opened in Adobe Reader for Mac from Acrobat.com with the modifications being saved to Acrobat.com. How do I force-reload  them?

Another inconsistency is that if I, for instance, open Win version for the first time since I last modified a document (and that caused confusion when I first encountered such behavior) I see no changes in "Document Cloud" section of the opening view but do see them in "Recent files" section, in the  exact same documents from DC (the ones that bear the small cloud icon at the lower left corner of the thumbnail). Shouldn't they be already visible regardless of the section as belonging to the same location that is Document Cloud? How's that?

Reiterrating on my setup:

Adobe Acrobat DC 2018.009.20050 on Win 7 Professional

Adobe Reader 11.0.23 on OS X 10.7.5

Adobe Acrobat Reader  for Android

Could you, please, help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I think you just need to "hold the hand" of the application a little to make it sync between different devices. By hold the hand, I mean after you're done reading and annotating a document, go back to the "My Documents" screen and let it sit for a few moments. On my iPad, I see at the bottom a little bar raise up that says "Syncing Documents" or something, and on my Android, a little notification pops up saying "Document updated" or something like that.

I think where I was seeing trouble was when I was annotating a document on my phone, then when I was done I just exited the app without returning to the "My Documents" screen. It didn't seem like it was re-uploading my changes to the cloud. Then, when I opened on my mac, the documents became out of sync. At one point it seemed like the document on my mac became the primary version and synced to the cloud, which unfortunately deleted the annotations I had made on my phone.

So now, my workflow is to annotate on either my android, iPad, or Mac, and then ensure I go back to the "My Documents" screen and wait for a moment for the document to re-upload to the cloud. That seems to keep everything in sync.

Also FYI, you can kind of tell when a document has or hasn't been updated on a new device (or a different device than you were last using to annotate the PDF) because when opening the document, you'll first see the download screen as if it is fetching the updated document from the cloud. This might only be true if you are quickly switching between devices like I was when I was testing -- maybe the apps will fetch the documents in the background by themselves if you give it more time between switching between devices.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems Adobe's syncing algorithms are messy, clunky and illogical (that is they don't follow any causal route even a wrong one). Consider this (oh, and did I tell the issue renewed?): I saved changes to DC in Win version, then on my way home today made several additional ones in the Android version. At home I opened the document on Acrobat.com. The changes made using the Android version weren't present, and the same was (or was NOT to be clear) in the Mac version. I tried to wait for them to appear, went consecutively to every section (Recent Files, Document Cloud) everywhere - the website, the Mac version - still no lattest changes. I hadn't done these actions in their mobile app, though. When I got back to my work the same day these changes still hadn't appeared anywhere except the mobile where I did them earlier today on my way home.

I log out/in of all my devices.

At one point when I was logging out of the Android app I got a warning that all existing state updates would be revoked.

I proceeded and upon signing in to the Win version again saw that those unfortunate changes made in the Android app were gone everywhere, even in the mobile Adobe Reader version.  What I did afterwards was that I made the same annotations in the Android version, took into account your suggestion by going to "My Documents"  and it's only when I reloggined on all of my devices, including the online I saw the very recent modifications.

The fact that I had previuosly that annotation only in the Adobe Reader mobile app  but not in the other apps and on Acrobat.com may suggest it somehow were cached either locally in the memory of my phone (I'm talking about the Android version) or were corrupted. I don't think a workflow including clearing caches on each fo the devices on every launch of Adobe's stuff  on a routine basis would make into a decent and productive solution (even if to consider it helpful).

The weird thing is it leaves so much room for guesswork as to how one does make the changes visible and synced that it nullifies its utility. Is it what is called "professional grade software"? Oh, and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is the same story. What the hell? How is that even acceptable and what's the point of such unreliable syncing? Might use just another cloud service for uploading and downloading PDFs just like any other kind of documents as well (when you open your PDF on DC or Acrobat.com from within the desktop app it says "Downloading from..."). Might download manually on my own to iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive or DropBox with 100% success of uploading it with all my changes non-destructed.

Another guess - a thing that should really belong in Adobe engineers competence scope - is that Internet settings might be at play here. Maybe it's something related to Internet speed connection. And what is "speculative download in the background"? Can it assist improving syncronization? The screenshot was taken on the Win PC.

Internet_prefs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the issue being described above. I read an annotated a PDF on my mac laptop, then opened it on my phone and annotated some more, and now when I look at the PDF on my Mac, none of the annotations I made from my phone are available. Looking at the PDF on my phone, however, the annotations I made earlier on my phone are visible.

I even tried moving the PDF from one folder to another to see if I could force a refresh of the annotations, but found that even though the PDF moves from one folder to another on both my phone and my Mac, the annotations are not being updated. This is true when moving the file on my Mac to a different folder, and also when I move the file on my phone.

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem and it's three years since you posted this. It frustrates me when Adobe staff tag their responses as "correct answers" when they haven't solved the problem.

I'm marking up a cloud document from my Samsung Tab. When I open up the same document on my PC or Xiaomi phone, all the hours worth's of annotations are lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved the ongoing issue on Android by clearing the app storage + cache from the Apps & Notifications section of the Anrdoid settings. I can now open PDF files again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. I encounter this problem every now and then.

1. I save a pdf to Document Cloud in my Win computer via Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

2. I open the pdf in my iPad from the mobile app. I check that the file remains under "Document Cloud", not under "Local".

3. I make comment notes to pdf on iPad. There is no option to "save the file to document cloud", because in iPad, it appears to be in the cloud.

4. a) When I check the Document Cloud files via Win computer desktop app (or via browser, or via Android phone Acrobat app), only the original older version is there.

4. b) From iPad: If I "share a link" to the commented pdf, the link goes to the older, uncommented Document Cloud version.

4 c) From iPad: If I use the "send file" function, the receiver gets the commented file on iPad.

This does not happen everytime. Logging in/out from either app does not help. Activating/logging out/in desktop Creative Cloud -app does not help.

I have not encountered this iPad app syncing problem with pdf files that are in Dropbox. Comments are always saved to the files in Dropbox and can be accessed from desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it can help someone: reinstalling the app and logging in solves the sync problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here trying to sync Adobe Fresco documents. I just got it to finally update my recent files by shutting down my desktop. Once I rebooted it the sync wheels started turning on my iPad which confirms my changes has not uploaded to cloud. I do not know why the sync functions with adobe apps don't work right, but I've had issues like this in all the years I've used them on my iPad. Sometimes they work and it's the most useful tool ever, and sometimes you spend hours trying to get it to function at all because you vitally need it to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here , faced issue with syncing acrobat. I was commenting on a large PDF 19.5 MB , and maybe that's the reason for slow sync. I had to wait for the sync circle to complete rotation, in order to see the same comments on Iphone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone. I know this is a 4-year late reply but I see people still have this same issue. How funny is that Adobe has done literally nothing to solve this for 4 YEARS. The problem occurs for annotations, at least for me. I overcomed the problem by syncing my pdfs to my Google Drive instead of Adobe Cloud. I clicked "save as" in my pdf which was already in Adobe Cloud, and I chose Google Drive and my pdfs have been transferred to my Google Drive cloud with all the things I have done with them. However I don't think it will sync automatically, so don't forget to click "save" before leaving the pdf. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources