• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Geospatial anchor seems to shift position when I go from ground level to the second floor

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have checked the "snap anchor to the ground" option and placed an image sequence asset on the second floor with occlusion masking but the anchor point seems to be shifting around when I go up and down the stairs. (see attached video clip)

Is it supposed to be that way? If it is, object/asset alignment problems will occur, especially when creating an AR experience across different height levels where there are staircases or different floor levels.

Is there any other ways to overcome this issue? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Another problem is that when I activate the AR from the link or QR code from the 5th floor for example, it will regard that as the floor height and I could see my image sequence asset on the 6th floor.

It would be nice to have a feature or function to get the altitude of the user and set the anchor point accurately. For example, when I activate my AR experience from the 5th floor, the asset should be on the 2nd floor corridor.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug , Desktop , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, It is a good question to find a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same problem. I have tried setting the anchor point at different altitudes AND at the based altitude given by the geospatial location but changing the height.  Using both methods, the picture shifts and moves around or changes in size drastically. 

The first time I used a geospatial location anchor, the picture appeared at the location with no problems, nice a clear.  The second time I used geospatial location anchor the picture appeared once again, with no issues.  However the other pictures at the same location with varying heights and altitudes went crazy.  

The third time I attempted to use geospatial location anchor, all four of my test resulted in floating  pictures that never stayed in one place.  At first I thought is was because I used all .png, so I switched to .jpeg and this did not solve the issue. This time all the images where place 50 meters apart.  They were visible but floating in the air which was not my intention.  

I too would like some help on this matter, because I want to attempt what Sulaiman is trying to do as well. 

I have seen videos of this working at Adobe events, so what is the secret? What are we doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate