• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't zoom in without page moving off center and no scroll bar

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I'm creating a newsletter and having a hard time keeping the page centered on the screen when I zoom in. Adobe moves my project to the side of the screen, so the editing elements on the right cover up part of the area I'm working on. ? Is this a glitch? There's also no scroll bar to move the whole thing where I need it. 

Any input appreciated!

Dawn

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this an indesign issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's assume that this is InDesign. I will move to that forum. It can always be moved to Illustrator or anything else in case of.

You should always state the complete product name and version, the OS name and Version, and where appropriate use screenshots to describe your problem.

When zooming in with Adobe applications, using the Zoom-tool (loupe) and the mouse (left mouse button click), the zoom happens centred to the mouse position. Using the Hand-tool (hand), you can move the “sheet”  like under a window to the left or right, up and down.

Abambo_0-1672605172348.png

See here the hand tool in action:

2023-01-01_21-37-03.gif

Just to add: the scroll bars are present:

Abambo_0-1672605799123.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to zoom "cleanly" in InDesign, keep these three actions in mind:

1) Ctrl+Alt+0 will zoom to the current page spread at maximum page display size.

2) Alt+PgUp (or PgDn) will move the whole spread up or down one set of pages, aligned to the screen.

3) Zoom in and out will center on the current cursor position and thus often zoom off to one side. If you want to zoom straight in and out, click out of the pages on the art board area so nothing is selected.

As a tip, I always hated using Alt+PgUp/PgDn and find the default (partial screen) action of just PgUp/PgDn to be useless and annoying. So you can remap your keys so that the plain keys do the full page up and down - it's in Edit | Keyboard Shortcuts.

And if you're a maven about having your screen display "true" 100% etc. (and you're in the user group whose system doesn't do it automatically), there's a nice script to set your default resolution so that 100% zoom is actual page size. Discussion here.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mellon27519560qlwv,

Hope you're doing well!

We would like to follow up on your issue. Are you able to resolve the issue by following our experts advice? Please feel free to update the discussion if you need further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, everyone & apologies for the delayed response. This was actually dealing with Adobe Express. I thought I was specifically in an Express forum. Sorry for the confusion. I've used InDesign in the past for a short period of time at a pretty basic level, and Express just doesn't have its versatility. I'm still having to zoom in & out choosing from the percentage drop-down, and there is no scroll bar. Unless I'm missing something, I hope they make adjustments in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from indesign>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem in adobe express!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am experiencing this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up finding a workaround, but it only works if you're on a laptop. Scrolling up, down, and side to side works on my laptop's trackpad, however I'm still unable to scroll after zooming in using a mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue in Adobe Express. When I zoom in I can't scroll, and it doesn't even zoom on on the selected object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did the answer or response go with this question? I have this problem and it severely impacts my productivity in creating templates in Adobe Express.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up finding a workaround, but it only works if you're on a laptop. Scrolling up, down, and side to side works on my laptop's trackpad, however, I'm still unable to scroll after zooming in using a mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very frustrating to work in zoomed in, every time I click on an asset it moves to the center of the document - it looks like someone brought this topic up - but then there is a conversation about it being an 'InDesign' issue and moved - but I see no resolution to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I'm not sure how it's an InDesign issue. It definitely hasn't been resolved. It seems like a user interface issue they didn't test for or foresee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines