• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks in clickable text in Adobe Express

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to add clickable hyperlinks to my newsletter in Adobe Express. This newsletter is downloaded to PDF and the links need to work.  How do I do this?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Good news! You can now add hyperlinks to Adobe Express on the desktop. It is a brand-new feature.

To add a hyperlink…

1. Select your text
  2. Right click
  3. Select Link Options
  4. Add the link

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Note: The link feature works when you save to PDF. Image formats don't support embedded hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Hi @Lisa,

Embedding external hyperlinks to posts (published on Social media) is usually determined by the options offered by the Social Media platforms.

Some platforms don't allow publishing posts that have linked URLs in them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lisa

Welcome to the Adobe Express Community!!

Adding hyperlinks within projects is not possible. However, you may use other Adobe apps, preferably Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, to add hyperlinks to text in PDF exported from Adobe Express.

Best,

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Acrobat DC, so can't do that.  What a disapointment.  Why is this not a feature of this program?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lisa,

Embedding external hyperlinks to posts (published on Social media) is usually determined by the options offered by the Social Media platforms.

Some platforms don't allow publishing posts that have linked URLs in them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project is a newsletter, which I'm downloading and saving to PDF for sending via email.  Since Adobe Express offers lots of newseltter templates, one would assume links could be added.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Express needs integrated hyperlinks. That is one of the most important features. Importing links from other software is a rather cumbersome method of doing it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do the same thing. Did you find a way to add hyperlinks to a newsletter/PDF? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need to embed hyperlinks. We have a group that updates each section of a sometimes 20-page school newsletter. That means that whomever distributes the final draft will need to add the hyperlinks for everyone else before it's shared. Please make hyperlinks a feature within Express.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not add this as optional because the use case is there? Not all banners will be used on social media, there's emails and website banners, please consider adding this feature for users! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I toally agree with this... I am creating an email newsletter and NEED this feature.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So: "Don't use this software to do the thing it is supposed to do."?

If the answer is "use another app to do this particular thing", then why am I using it at all? I may as well do everything in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking to create clickable hyperlinks in text within an Adobe software, the process may vary depending on the specific software you are using. Generally, Adobe software like InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro allow you to create hyperlinks easily. Here's a general overview of how you might achieve this in Adobe InDesign:

1. Adobe InDesign:
    • Open your document in Adobe InDesign.
    • Select the text that you want to turn into a hyperlink.
    • Go to the "Hyperlinks" panel (Window > Interactive > Hyperlinks).
    • Click the New Hyperlink button in the panel.
    • In the New Hyperlink dialog box, you can set the hyperlink type (URL, Email, Page, etc.) and enter the appropriate link destination.
    • Click OK to create the hyperlink. It seems like you're looking for advice or instructions related to preparing content for printing.
    • You can also set additional options like appearance and behavior for the hyperlink in the Hyperlinks panel.

Remember that the specific steps may vary based on the version of Adobe InDesign you are using. If you are using a different Adobe software or a newer version, the process might be slightly different. Make sure to refer to the official documentation or help resources for the specific software you are using to get accurate instructions.

For other Adobe software or updated information beyond September 2021, I recommend checking the Adobe official website or relevant resources for the latest instructions on creating hyperlinks in clickable text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subject was clickable links in adobe express. There were no questions regarding other software.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same situation. I'm re-creating a flyer to be emailed as a pdf. The original was created in Affinity Publisher and nothing copied with the text as far as formatting at all - font, size, tabs, hyperlinks. I do not have InDesign or Adobe Pro. I know the premise behind Express is to be easy however in my opinion, this is a basic text function and should be possible in Express if one option is to create a flyer. I do have Photoshop - I'll try it there and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've decided to leave the flyer in Affinity. It already exists there. I've taken the time once to re-create it in Express. I do not think I want to take the time to re-create it yet again in Photoshop, which is really not for this purpose. My hope was to be able to consolidate in the Adobe apps offered in the Photography bundle and not have to use anything else but that was not to be. If Express ever allows text hyperlinks, maybe I'll consider going back to this. But for now, Express does not fit my needs. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. What a headache not to be able to just add a hyperlink in Adobe Express... Real time wasted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also here to complain about the lack of hyperlinks. C'mon guys, get your head in the game. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use QR codes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, QR codes are good for some applications. I'm doing a newsletter and need clickable links in the text. I posted the request after being forced to use Microsoft Publisher for my newsletter despite paying for a subscription to Adobe. It was disappointing not to be able to use it for my newsletter because links aren't an option.

Sent from Outlook<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that, I do a newsletter every month using MailChimp.  What I usually end up doing is following my graphics with buttons for the relevent links.  It's not completely ideal, but it works for most things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How in the world can you have all these fancy options and AI but no ability to add links to text? This really puts a dent in using or recommending to our 1,200 faculty and 50K students. It renders a potentially great teaching and learning tool useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this is absurd. I have spent hours trying to make the most simple links, tabs, bookmarks, whatever to a text table of contents on a 35 page combined into a single pdf. No way in Express (which seems appalling) or in Acrobat. This link says it's possible, the thread above says no. I can't find Express the features recommended in the top of this thread and the "Links" choice is disappeared from the Edit menu in Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news! You can now add hyperlinks to Adobe Express on the desktop. It is a brand-new feature.

To add a hyperlink…

1. Select your text
  2. Right click
  3. Select Link Options
  4. Add the link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: The link feature works when you save to PDF. Image formats don't support embedded hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I trying to add a hyperlink to a presentation. I can add it when I edit the presentation but it does not work once you hit present. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines