• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font conflict error message but font is not installed

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A font I use regularly (Athelas) suddenly appeared as 'deactivated' in Adobe Fonts so I activated it, but I received an error message saying there is a conflict with a font installed with the same name. I searched my computer and couldn't find it, it's not in my Font Book either, it's not anywhere. However, it's available to be used in InDesign, Illustrator, and even PowerPoint - even when deactivated in Adobe Fonts. I went through all the troubleshooting steps in the troubleshoot guide, but I'm still getting the same error message. Can anyone please help me with this issue? I contacted Adobe Support and it was like they weren't even bothering to read my messages and I got nowhere with them. How can it be available for use, plus creating a conflict, when it's deactivated in Adobe Fonts and there is no font file called 'Athelas' on my computer? I'm on a Mac (Mojave). 

Font.png

TOPICS
Activation , Missing font , Offline font , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Miss Jimma,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble using a specific font. Would you mind trying the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html? Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

I mentioned in my post that I have already gone through all these steps but that it didn't solve the issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same problem here! I have also already gone through all these steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that and thanks for trying the steps. I would suggest getting in touch with our support team using this link : https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that our team can help you on 1:1 basis.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Athelas font still appears to be broken in this mannor. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines