• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts takes too long time to get installed

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!! Adobe fonts are taking too long time to be installed! I guess this is an old issue, I used to have this same problem when this service was called as "Type Kit". I can see the problem continues, unfortunelly. My internet connection is Ok.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Hi everyone – The Fonts team hears your frustration. While my reassurances aren't as valuable as offering a solution, please know we are actively working on determining the cause and treating this issue with top priority.

At this time, the best way to help the Adobe Fonts team fix activation issues is by posting your recent CoreSync logs from around the time you experience the delay, and let us know whether you are activating fonts in Creative Cloud Desktop or directly from the Adobe F

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

A solution that I found that works for me was to turn off/on Adobe Fonts and restart InDesign. Found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-adding-fonts.html#:~:text=5.%20Toggle%20the%20Adobe%20Fonts%20setting

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 128 Replies 128
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

July 2021 and we still have the same problem. And the adobe lady just copy-paste the same answer 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with this problem is: some users have it, some others not. I'm one of the lucky ones not being plagued with the trouble. But as a programmer, I know that problems that are appearing from time to time are difficult to fix. Especially that all these environments are diverse and there may be many causes.

The cause you could investigate first is if your IT does not block several needed Adobe nodes. And don't trust the IT when they say that they don't block. Ask them to check the Adobe public addresses. https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. It's been 20 minutes, and fonts are not loading. Here are my only two CoreSync files avaiable (attached).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to continue using Google Fonts! This is terrible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who marked this as "Solved"?  I literally just Googled "why do Adobe fonts take so long to activate?" The ENTIRE time that I've been on this page, logged into my Adobe account and am typing up to this point, I am STILL waiting on 3 fonts to activate in the background.

I have Gigabit fiber optic internet.  It's not me, it's you.

Sincerely, 

Fed up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!

Wouldn't you know it?  Those 3 fonts are still just sitting there.

RaggedyMan_0-1633874796606.png

Maybe if I just continue to annoy on as many threads as I can, it can actually become Adobe's problem and not ours.  EVERY SINGLE UPDATE breaks SOMETHING.  If you can not manage your own apps with grace and only end up making things more complicated and combersome.  It's $1,000/ yr.  I've paid less than $100 for a LIFETIME license for a similarly equipped trio of apps. 

Maybe... Adobe has gotten too big for the briches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing.  I really just need Acumin Pro Condensed Extra Light.  The rest of the family was activated.. WHY can't we just activate entire families instead of ONE freaking font.  Our machines are not that bogged down that we can't handle 17 font files being switched on.  As a designer, I think it's pretty common practice that when we choose a font, odds are we want to use some of the variations of that font as well.  So stop guessing what we're going to use and just KEEP IT SIMPLE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its October 2021. 

And this font installation still takes forever.

What kind of joke is this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why I use a separate font manager.
Adobe's 'cloud' services [inappropriate language removed by moderator].
Actually, Adobe [inappropriate language removed by moderator] in general, now I think about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

November 2021

The promlem is still here........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years later and still not fixed.  I don't understand how I can keep paying for it, and getting horrible service.  Is there anything legally that can be done?  I feel like this is a lemon law kind of thing.  Come on Adobe, it's a subscription.  Otherwise, return to selling the version, downloand and install and be done.  No constant upgrades or anything.  I needed a font fast, on the fly.  Instead I went to fonts.com, had to pay for it, just to get it instantly.  May I send you my bill for reimbursement?

Does Quark perform this poorly?  Sheesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I have solved this is to click the info button on the font within the program, this takes you to the font page on the internet, if you click the activated font button to deactivate and then reactivate it usually fixes the issue within seconds. Haven't had an issue otherwise, little bit annoying but prevents long delays waiting for the font. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is december 2021 and this problem still persist... let´s see if we can push it to 2022 (seriously shall i ask for a refund?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Community guidelines ask that we be kind and respectful, however it is difficult due to the ongoing issues and disruptions that the Adobe suite has.  Fonts should not be one of them. This IS a very expensive product and at the very least, fonts should not cause so many issues for the users.  Fix this problem. (Oh, and Figma is killing it!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

February 2022, I have to say the fact that this is still and issue after 3 years is quite disappointing. I am still waiting for a font to instal after an hour I started the process and I'm really angry by now. Please fix this issue! You create huge updates all the time and no one bothers to solve an issue that has been present since forever? This is a paid subscription it's not something we use for free and issues like that should be addressed timely by the team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 and this is still an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe

GET IT TOGETHER

This has been an ongoing issue since the inception of your "font manager".  We already have to deal with your shotty updates.  Why do you make it even more miserable by adding insult to injury?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sitting here on my iPad typing this response waiting for ONE font to activate.  This is beyond ridiculous now.  Adobe FAIL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toggle the font family on and off from the fonts tab within the desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I was told to post my issue to this forum but from what I can see it's a three-year-old problem. I have the same issue everyone has, fonts in a never-ending activation loop. I could post my latest Indesign and Creative Cloud versions but does that really matter? It's incredibly hard not to be cynical towards Adobe. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 8.55.54 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here's one result from Adobe's inability to resolve this issue: I've got a client that needs a redesign and I can't, in good conscience, use any fonts from Adobe. I won't put my client in a situation where they can't create press-ready PDFs because a font they need won't activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Feb 2022 and the issue isn't resolved yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I am unable to active ANY of my Adobe fonts.  The browser site of Adobe fonts shows my fonts as active, but my Creative Cloud app only shows the empty state of "Get started with Adobe Fonts." Funny thing is, as I DEACTIVATE fonts, they show up in my "Previously active" folder in real time. But there's no way for me to turn on fonts anymore. This is super frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 2022 and im still having these issues to the point I have to go on free font websites to find the font im tring to use to speed up the design process. Its unfortunate that i have to do this even though the fonts are right there for me to "use". I understand time contraints and higher priorities for the techs and devs, But after a few years its still happening?? Its a small problem that has YOUR clients frustrated. I hope tht this is something that get fixed in future but as you can see, thats the "Suite" deal we got.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe Fonts for years with no problem and then today fonts I had activated weren't activating. Trouble-shooting, I realized that my Creative Cloud app (Mac OS) was not open and usually is. I opened that up. The font I needed was indicated as activated, but was not loading. I deactivated it and reactivated it and then it popped right up and was available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines