• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to set font-display swap?

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to set the font-display property for adobe fonts to "swap"? If so, how do you do it? With Google fonts you can just add a query param to the url for the css. Is there anything like that for Adobe? Thank you

TOPICS
Font rendering , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. The feature is available now. Please check out this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-display-settings.html on font-display.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far as I can see, this is all controlled by what you choose to put in your CSS, and doesn't depend on the provider of the fonts. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/@font-face/font-display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your response. My team is using the adobe typkit css, so it's not our own, but generated on the Adobe side. If it were our own, we could change the font-display value, but we would prefer not to create our own copy of the Adobe generated css just for that if possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Friend,
Did you find any way to change the font-display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a way to fix this? I'm having the same issue.

I'm trying to optimise on all kinds of paramatersa and Google PageSpeed Insights has for a long time been sugesting to use the font-display: swap, to make sure text is shown before the font is loaded.

It would be a really great feature. Without this feature we're always thinking twice before chooseing a typekit/adobe font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

We are interested in this as well. For some documentation, you can read here: https://web.dev/font-display/?utm_source=lighthouse&utm_medium=unknown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. The feature is available now. Please check out this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-display-settings.html on font-display.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are looking for this feature, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, is there any ETA you can share with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking forward to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking forward to this feature as well. Please let us know if it's to be done in the foreseeable future. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for this feature as well, it is been two months since the last comment about this feature. Do you have some date for this feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would love an update on this, as well. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please - an update would be great. Maybe you could give us an idea for when you'll have a fix ready for us.

It seems like a pretty simple thing to add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I got this answer on twitter 10 days ago. I guess we have to tweet to get some answers:

"No. I understand it could be the most awaited feature for you. We really appreciate your patience until we get any updates from the team. Thanks!"

So the status is - no status. No news. I guess we'll have to wait for a while for this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for this feature, do you have an ETA on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, do you have any update on this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here 7 months later from this reply (and 9 months and 2 days after the original post was created) we still haven't heard anything about this feature. I know you are a big company and probably just can't do this without a lot of testing - but seriously - it's just a single line of CSS you have to add. Come on! I'm no longer using your fonts and wont be doing so before there's a fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sept 14th. This no response on this feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I also look forward to this feature update. My app's lighthouse score is very due to this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awaiting this feature impatiently!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get a notifikation when this function is released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wondered about that, too. I followed this topic in the hope that someone posts a message when a solution is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines