• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder: Audio won't export with video

Explorer ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert an AVCHD video for viewing on my iPad 3. I use Adobe Media Encoder and select the iPad 2 settings (1920x1080) and it exports the video perfect, but no audio. I have "Export Audio" checked off. I tried it with 5 other settings and it just wont include the audio. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved the query to Adobe Media Encoder Page....

Thanks

Mandhir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you tested this on iPad3 only. 

Try to re-open what you exported back into PPro to see if Audio is there or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The videos don't even have audio when I play them on my computer. Tried Ipad 2, iPad 3, iPhone nothiong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell me what OS you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Ultimate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the multiplexing setting of your preset?  Check the Multiplexing tab in the Export Settings dialog and see if Multiplexing is set to None.  If so, your audio and video are being exported as two separate files, which would explain why there's no audio when you play back the video file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked and Multiplexing is set to MP4, I am so lost with this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Could you export your source using "AAC Audio" format and tell me if you hear audio in the output file?

Also, do you have a "mc_enc_aac.dll" file in the folder where Adobe Media Encoder is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dima

Yes it does export as AAC audio, and I do have that DLL file. There must be some setting I am missing when I try to export as an iPad 2 file. I made sure that Export Viodeo and Export Audio were both checked also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to test whether the audio is present in the exported file but  not playing back.  What program are you using to play back the exported file?  Try opening it in a few different players (Windows Media player, VLC, etc.) to see if any of them play back the audio.

Also, do you have Premiere installed?  If so, import the exported file from AME into a Premiere project, add it to a blank sequence, then expand the audio tracks of the clip to see if a waveform is present.  If you do see a waveform then the audio is there but not playing back for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Any of us here cannot reproduce this problem on our side here so far.  It could be the specific file type (e.g. duration, video size, audio type, type of camcorder and etc) that may be causing this problem.  If you don't mind, it would be nice if we can look into the file you are using.  I sent you the private e-mail how to post the file to our FTP server.  Please let me know (or simply reply to my private e-mail)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems random people are running in to this, so hopefully this solution will be found by whomever's looking.

If you're exporting video files from Final Cut Pro as .mov, and then trying to convert said .mov to an .mp4 using Adobe Media Encoder and are losing audio even though you're multiplexing, try this...

Make sure that you export only a 2-channel audio track from FCP.   When I export from FCP, I split my audio into various tracks by default.  Great for making master clips, but problematic if uploading to YouTube or doing further encoding in Adobe Media Encoder.   Like YouTube, if you have more than 2 tracks of audio, Media Encoder seems to get confused and ignores all audio tracks.  Combine all audio into a 2-channel stereo track and see if that solves the problem.

Regardless of editing program, see if reducing number of audio channels from source clip solves problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem here is that usually AVCHD files comes with two files of different format called MODD File and MOFF File. I think these two folders contains some information, such as audio. So Adobe Media Encoder might have not took that into consideration when exporting your video and is, therefore, missing the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With AVCHD, both video and audio come in the MTS file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I am doing everything the same as I always do.  I encode the avchd footage shot on my cameras (transfered to hard drive first) into mpeg2 or p2 so that it is easier to edit.  Today, footage from my last shoot from 3 different cameras, all in AVCHD, won't encode audio when I try to convert into mpeg2 or p2 or h.264.  Encoder won't even attempt to encode to MPEG2, it just errors and says audio length is 0.  If I encode to P2 or h264 it encdeds video but no audio is in the output file.  (I have tested with several media players and premiere)  There is of course audio on my orriginal AVCHD footage that plays in premiere and windows media player.  I tried ingesting in prelude but it has the same errors when it goes to media encoder.  Please help ASAP, deadlines keep ticking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying AVCHD footage imports into Premiere along with its audio? Because mine doesn't using CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to start a new thread in the Premiere Pro forum, we may be able to help you solve that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do, anything that will help with this. I'm at a standstill in posting a show. Although I read a few hours ago in helpx.adobe.com that I'm supposed to import the entire "file structure" of the SD card...not just the clips I want to use. But yes, because I don't even know how to access the SD card's file structure. Thanks.

Message was edited by: Dan~~~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more info and a video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

media.jpgmeida-2.jpg

Here are the error message codes from AME and the Prelude events window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it on footage I have previously used Prelude and AME to convert successfully from AVCHD to MPEG2 and it is not working this time.  I uninstalled the Premiere Pro Family and reinstalled.  Still no help.  Very frusterated wasted a whole afternoon on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I have the same problem that Jeff is having.  I am using Windows 7 Professional (64bit) and exporting from AE CS6.  My master file is using the Cineform Codec on an MOV.  When I try to make difference versions using Media Encoder, as anything really, I get a file with no sound.  The funny thing is that this is recent.  I believe that it may have had something to do with recent updates that I did via my Cloud Subscription.  At first I thought it might be Cineform because I have been using this codec for sometime and it has had issues before.  I then tried a straight Quicktime render from AE using the ANIMATION codec and I still get the same result when I try to export from Media Encoder.  Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm facing the same problem where no audio is exported along the video from Media encoder. although it works when i export it from premiere. I noticed that this issue started when i did the last update from adobe cloud.

I'm using windows 7 professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a variety of problems with the latest AME (V. 2015.2;  9.2), although not specifically the audio problem in this thread..

I reinstalled the prior version (2015.0; 9.0) and that cleared all the issues I was having.

It's something easy to try and it may sort things out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines