• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder: Audio won't export with video

Explorer ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert an AVCHD video for viewing on my iPad 3. I use Adobe Media Encoder and select the iPad 2 settings (1920x1080) and it exports the video perfect, but no audio. I have "Export Audio" checked off. I tried it with 5 other settings and it just wont include the audio. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. It always worked fine until today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Problem: I am also having the problem using Media Encoder 2015 CS5.

Solution: All you can do is save the video as mp3 then save the video as mpeg2 or an other video file and the combine them with a video editor that is not premiere pro. Please reply if more problems to @AdobeGrillis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ongoing problem.  I've exported the same AV output over and over.  Somehow, when you try to work with AVCHD, if you don't import it into the program normally, through the Media panel, you break the audio functions.  IF you bring in the MTS files on their own, it breaks.  The AVCHD file supplies information on how they are synchronized and how much they overlap, along with several smaller datachunks that hold that overlap.  Otherwise, you get blank audio in some areas that cannot sync samples properly.  Rather than simply run the audio through an index, creating an output that is useable, it just outputs data with no linkage (It outputs the audio data, but it isn't readable by anything).

The only remedy I've found is to export both separately, and cut accordingly.  You'll have to create your own WAV or other standard audio file.  For long video, I've found this troublesome, as WAV can get large enough to not function properly in Premiere.  You may have to go with MOV.  If you have trouble with audio, you should replace it with a completely different format (relink to a different file extension with sound data).  Once done, you can link back to a WAV, but one that has been repaired.  Unfortunately, you'll still have to recombine audio and video.

Alternatively, Import your AVCHD files, Clip them up in sequences or subclips that match your MTS sizes and timings, and replace the MTS files, along with their audio.  This takes a bit of time and hastle.  You could also cut them into sequences, export those sequences, and relink your MTS files that are broken to files that are not.  Again some extra time and hastle.  But a possible fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok... ...So I've confirmed my issue isn't premiere itself.  It's in the way the audio is moved to Media encoder.  When I export from premiere, all's well; with queue to media encoder, failure to capture audio.

Tests:

I ran audio only out of premiere and AME.  The files were exactly the same size.  I played both in the same players with visualizers etc.  The one out of PRPro worked flawless.  The one from AME is completely Broken.

I ran a full file from premiere, and viola, it plays.

To Note:

AVCHD was designed as an alternative to Blu-ray formatting.  Depending on your camera, you can end up with some horrid data problems.  Image every card before you start.  Then INGEST THE FILES FROM THE CARD ITSELF (try it with the camera if all else fails).  I also recommend finding apps like iMedia HUD, and checking the formatting of your AVCHD file first.  Then Ingest and match it.  DNxHD works well for large file size and super quality.  For lesser work, h.264 will work also, in your native wrapper format (macs use mp4, pc's AVI).  If your footage is interlaced and you want it progressive, use Compressor by Apple.  So far, their motion weighted algorithm is still the best.

My project includes an AVCHD transcode where I forced another audio to merge with it.  I probably bandjaxed the whole thing with that.

But Prelude wouldn't see my files correctly either (my AVCHD).   Somewhere along the way, I must've screwed up.  This is an old project from 2014, and a client wants clips for a mashup\montage.  I still have it all marked and cut.  I seem to recall having a similar problem outputting to a video file for burning.  In the end, I output the video with AME and audio with premiere, tied together and put through encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines