• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting .mpg results in a mess

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm trying to convert some .mpg files in an attempt to shrink them (they're uncompressed, and MASSIVE), and am using Media Encoder to do so. However, whenever I do so, it always, without fail, turns the video into a mess.

It appears that every other frame has been taken from some other point in the video. I have no idea why this is happening, but whenever I play the original file normally, it plays as normal. Input file is 720x568, 1.0940 Pixel Ratio, Progressive, and the extension is .mpg. I have tried exporting as .mp4, .avi, .m2v, ​and .mpg, and even then it still gives me chaos. This is also a fresh install of CC 2018.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the original file constant frame rate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, yes. I've checked the Metadata, and had MediaInfo look at the files in question, and I can't see anywhere where the Framerate is mentioned as being variable.

I also forgot to mention, original videos are in a PAL format, if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still having trouble with this, Mikowmer? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines