• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Error. Error compiling movie. Disk Full.

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following error since CS6 when exporting some videos: Export Error. Error compiling movie. Disk Full.

All my drives have plenty of space, NTFS 7200rpm, everything was fine with CS5.5. Same problem with Encoder or Premiere Pro.

Much of the stuff I export is going fine but I have this error with some sequences and formats.

It always crash to this error when exporting sequences with "Match Sequence Settings".

For one of my projects, when exporting to wmv, out of 6 sequences one always crash to Export Error. Error compiling movie. Disk Full.

If I encode those sequences to mpeg2, everything is fine.

I installed the new update this morning but it doesn't help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only choice is to go thru the AME.

Direct export first showed up in CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have new infos. It seems that the percentage doesn't matter. In fact, it always crash at 30 seconds of the sequence. If the sequence is shorter then 30 seconds, it will not crash. If the sequence is 31 second long, it will crash at 99%. Also, all projects created originally in PP CS6 will always crash. So there is no way to export a project originally created in PP CS6. However, the projects originally created in CS5.5 and converted to 6.0 will not crash if exported in mpeg (for the moment) but will always crash with "match sequence settings" and will randomly crash with other settings / format.

I really need a solution for yesterday to export my projects. Adobe provide pro applications for pro at fairly high price, there's plenty of bugs in CS6 and it's unacceptable. I can't tell my client to wait after Adobe.

I7 2600k on P8Z68V Pro

C: on crucial m4

D: and E: on WD 2T 7200 RPM

16GB ram

thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait so why won't my video export? it also says compiling error and that the disk is full, is there a way to empty the disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem all the time. Its something Adobe needs to fix but there are two ways to get around it.

1.Delete all your render files in the project and try again.

2.Turn off the mecury playback engine use software only.

I have found the mecury playback engine to be unreliable and I am dissapointed with its use in a real production enviornment. It's just a cool toy Adobe uses to sell there product. 

Also your effects will change when switching to software render so retweeking the whole project will be nessecery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.  The project was not created using an earlier version, I have deleted all the render files and am using the MPE software only.  No joy.

When trying to export using "match sequence settings" I get the disk full error.  My disk is not full.

I have never enabled parallel encoding and don't know where to find it in preferences.  Using any other encoding options it works fine.

Now, I have both Premiere Pro CS6 and CS5 installed on my computer.  I created the project in CS6 (and this is where I get the error).  However, if I open the same project in CS5, (after the dialogue to convert the CS6 project to CS5), I can export it using "match sequence settings" in CS5 fine, no problem.  No change, exactly the same souce, sequence and action, just a different result.  In CS5 it works, in CS6 it gives this weird error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2012 Oct 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since my last post there has been no activity on this thread, so...

Has anyone found a workaround?  I find it incredibly inconvenient and unforgivable that I get this error when trying to export a movie in PPCS6 using "Match Sequence Settings".  Some facts:

1. I always get this error when trying to export from PPCS6 using match sequence settings.  It happens with all movies.  Starting a new sequence doesn't change it

2. I never get this error if I use another encoding option

3. My disk is not full

4. It happens whether I use software engine or GPU acceleration (and also if I delete the previews)

5. It happens on both the PC and MAC versions of PPCS6.  With sequences created natively on each machine and imported one to the other.

6. If I import the sequence into CS5, then hey presto, it works without error.  At the moment that is my workaround, but it is not at all acceptable that I have to do this.

7. The sequences were all created in CS6.  None of them were imported from another version

8. My source video is 1080p AVCHD footage

Any further thoughts on how to deal with this really frustrating and crippling new bug in CS6 would be incredibly welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same error just coverting mxf to proreshq but if I change to save on desktop it is ok but not same directory as source!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I consistently got this error when trying to export AVCHD 1080p60 footage. For lower frame rates, simply checking the "Match Sequence Settings" option worked well. Not so for the 59.975 frame rate.

After fidddling with it for a while, I finally got it to export by unchecking the "Match Sequence Settings" option and manually selecting H.264 Level 5.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seemed to have the same problem, but it only occurred when I clicked UPPER LEFT in the Field Order. When I returned it to Progressive, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME problem!!!! I cannot export my files in ANY format. They fail in encoder. I have shows and spots that I cannot turn in. PLEASE HELP!!! There is NO WAY I have a full disk - not on laptop, not on desktop, not on portable drives.

HELP!!!

(Thanks!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved over to Premiere after years with Final Cut, until it went X ... but have just had the same problem as others in this thread - namely that one export from Premiere through (2 versions) of Encoder, have been unsuccessful and incredibly annoying, with the 'disk full' message.

After trying every possible combination of export/render and getting nowhere, I had to 'go back' to Final Cut and complete it there... So I guess (reluctantly) I will have to get to grips with FC again... (I got my team onto Final Cut, but having got used to Premiere, I stayed with it - until now!)

I have yet to see a decent response to this problem from Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting this exact problem with Premiere and AME CC 2014 - any news yet Adobe? This is quite a major hold up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After A LOT of trial and error these last few days, I've finally narrowed down and eliminated the problem, at least for me. I had a 25fps clip and my sequence is 24fps. Having recreated a 24fps version of the clip the problem is solved and my movie has encoded. Will this bug be addressed Adobe? And where do I send my invoice for my time 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get it together Adobe!!!!!!

This is ridiculous that you have not fixed this common issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue day and figured it out. The "Match Sequence Settings" really only applies to sequences set to 30 frames per second.

I exported raw footage streams today from a shoot last night. Two of the sequences were set to 30 fps and the third contained footage from a GoPro set to 60 fps. the export kept failing and I finally converted the sequence to 30 fps and it worked perfectly. It is better this wat as it matches the rest of the footage.

I prefer using the "Match Sequence Settings" as it is the most stable and reliable export option. The H.264 settings have a sync issue and the audio will drift for files around an hour or more. I use the "Match Sequence Settings" option for most exports and doncoversations in other programs. I don't want to upgrade past CS6 as to avoid the monthly charges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem hasn't been fixed yet after 5 years???  Why does "match sequence" cause this disk full error???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have this problem as well. I wanted to export some videos through AME using "Match Sequence Settings" that had already been used for DVDs in Encore CS6.

I was however able to export them but not using AME. I had to just export them straight from Premiere Pro CS6, but they exported fine. I just couldn't do anything else at the same time. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just update. then the problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines