• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Import Error: Could not read from source. Please check settings and try again.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed the latest Adobe CC 2019 on my Mac running Sierra OS.

I am trying to do a simple file conversion of a QuickTime movie with the codec Apple ProRes 422, Linear PCM 24-bit little-endian signed integer, 16 channels, 48000 Hz.

When I try to import it into Adobe Media Encoder, I get the following error.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Looks like this issue is related to

Premiere pro CC19 : Fails importing quicktime Prores Files from Blackmagic Video Assist 5" recorder

Do you happen to have BlackMagic installed?

We are looking into the resolution of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just re-installed CC 2017 V 11.1.4 and the file encoding works fine but still the same error on the new version. So it seems to be something with the new version of Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try deleting cache and see if it helps?

Please delete everything under the "Common" folder

Mac: /Users/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common  (or ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common from Finder's Go menu > Go Folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing in there was Plugins > 7.0 > MediaCore

I deleted that and it still does not work in the new 2019 Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you were looking at

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

You need to access

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

From Finder’s Go menu > Go to Folder…

Then, enter ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common  (please make sure to add "~" )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha! Did that but same error in the new 2019 version. Works fine in the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update, these quicktime movie files cannot be imported into the 2019 version of Premiere either, but work fine in the 2018 version of Premiere. All of this leads me to believe that there is some reason the 2019 CC will not allow this codec. Any suggestions/answers are greatly appreciated. Until then, I will just continue with 2018 CC. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, a team member outputted a project within Adobe AE as Lossless which automatically renders out as a Quicktime Apple ProRes codec on a Mac and that could not be imported into Premiere 2019 either. This is starting to sound like Apple ProRes is not a supported codec in the 2019 CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this issue is related to

Premiere pro CC19 : Fails importing quicktime Prores Files from Blackmagic Video Assist 5" recorder

Do you happen to have BlackMagic installed?

We are looking into the resolution of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this looks like it may be the same issue. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have BlackMagic installed. Still facing the same issue. I have deleted the Media Cache. No results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too I've had enough. There are way too many bugs, all my working time goes towards fixing bugs. After 20 years in the business, you would think they had much smoother apps. Sometimes I get the suspicion that hey do that on purpose so you have to buy third party templets. Terrible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try out cavalry. They just released their version 1.0, and after it matures I'll be making the switch permanently. Adobe does not care about its customers, I plan on returning the favor.

Middle of August, 2020 and this issue still exists. Unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines