• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install the DNxHD and Cineform codecs? (Missing from AME 6 )

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the free versions of both of these codecs in the hopes of being able to transcode to each as an intermediate codec for my AVCHD files. The problem is that neither shows up in either my Premiere Pro CS6 or Adobe Media Encoder Import/Export options? What gives? Did I miss something here? How do I get the option to transcode or encode to DnxHD or Cineform on a PC version of CS6?

TOPICS
Download and install , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Problem solved.

After another night of googling and experimenting I managed to figure out what the problem was. So finally AViD DNxHD codec for QT works like a charm on my machine.

Turns out the problem was with Avid's codecs installers (tried LE 2.3.7, 2.3.8, 2.3.9, as well as PE 2.3.7). They install the actual codec files (extension *.qtx) to the wrong directory:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTComponents\"

The correct location however is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\"

Therefore

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems as though I am experiencing the same problem but on a MAC operating system. Downloading the codecs and rebooting results in nothing. I assume they are in the wrong location but just can't find them in order to copy them in the right location...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue on the Mac.  I haven't found any work arounds yet.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a weird work around that works for me. I installed Quick Time 7 and it seems to act a bridge to make the installation of the codecs possible. After installing Quick Time 7, I reinstalled the codec package and without even rebooting, everything was appearing in the dropdown in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't able to make that work.  Which OS are you using?   Which codec package did you instal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running OSX 10.10.2 Yosemite, installed Avid Codecs LE. Downloaded Quick Time 7 from this link Installing QuickTime Player 7 - Apple Support

Hopes this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, where have you download the DNxHD codec for CS6? can you give a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines