• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loading a saved queue?

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done some searching for an answer to this question but get a lot of old posts and no clear answers.  I'm using AME CC 2017.

I saved a queue of a couple dozen files each with 3 presets to render to.  Now I need to make some changes to the videos and need to re-render the videos. How do I locate and open the saved queue?  It appears there is no option for that - like opening a recently saved file.  What happened to the saved queue?  Some posts say it is a batch.xml file that is overwritten.  Then why give the option to save?

What am I missing - or do I have to go back and recreate the queue each time which would be a tedious time wasting task?  Hopefully there is an easy if not obvious solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rvl

There seems to be no way to save a queue and choose a location for the file nor can you "open" a saved queue. You can save the current queue, as long as the items are either in "Skip" Status, or "Ready" Status. Anything that is in "Done" status will be removed if you close AME and then open it later, regardless if you saved the current state of the queue. In other words, to save any entry in the queue it will need to be in the Skip or Ready state when you save the queue.

I was about to open a discussion on this forum about why one cannot save queues when I came across your question, which touches on this subject. For me it will be a total game changer to have the ability to safe queue's with different sets of renders, as I work on a series that has in excess of 70 episodes, each of which have 4 different branding variations and around 10 languages.

I struggle to understand how this has yet not been implemented. It should be simple. Just allow the user to save a queue state, which one can import again for further rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is really a missing feature for people that had a tedious time preparing the queue list.

I hope that they implement this feature in future versions. So simple, so obvious, but.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You MUST uncheck "Remove completed files from queue on exit" in the General Preferences.

Then Save Batch. Now you can copy the batch.xml into your project folder and keep it forever. Just replace the one in C:\Documents\Adobe\Media Encoder\Version Num\   before you launch AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. This should be a basic feature of any supposedly "pro" program.

So, i did click the save queue for nothing? An now there is nothing to be reloaded. What´s the use of the save queue option?

You should remove it! Had I not found it I wouldn't have closed the program and threfore lost my queue, to which I wanted to make some adjustments.

And you ask of us to surf through the 226 request to see if anyone matches this issue or create a new otherwise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally absurd. Why have the "Save Queue" option at all? Seems like the programmers started the idea then never finished it. "Pro."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a workaround for this while we wait for an official feature to be added.

When you press "Save Queue", your queue is saved to disk (at Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/[version]/batch.xml), so if you close AME and re-open or restart your computer your queue is still there.

So if you want to save a queue, or move a queue to another computer, basically make a copy of this file (like move the file to your documents), now when you want that queue back in AME, close AME, put that file back in its original location, and start up AME. Now your queue will be exactly as you left it when you saved it.

I've used this before where I set up a ton of overnight proxy render jobs on my primary machine in AME, then saved the queue, transferred the queue file to another computer on the network, and started the render there. (note you'll need to have all the same presets / folders etc on that machine as well)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this and when I clicked "batch.xml"it launched Adobe Illustrator. Go figure. This was NOT a fix for me at all. I followed everyrhing up to that point, making sure I was in Docs>Adobe> Media Encoder> first. I still can't find the queue I saved last night. Luckily I saved it as a test and rendered it before trying to find the saved queue this morning. It seems that to function as needed, a saved queue should remain saved whether it is rendered or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are probably geting wrong,... in general preferences, you MUST uncheck "Remove completed files from queue on exit" for this to work.  With it checked, your batch.xml will always be empty.

This totally works for me. I save my batch.xml files for later and even move betwen machines with ease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked just perfectly, thanks !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely unbelivable. This issue was posted almost 2 years ago and Adobe has not solved the problem.

Adobe needs less engeniers and more people that actualy uses the software. Save Queue and Load Queue is that so hard?

Mr. Kevin Monahan, you read this so you know there is a problem, you should have report it to the proper department not advise to make a feature request.

Again TWO YEARS and still no Load/Save. This means that Adobe doesn't really care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this feature too. I am having an editor edit remotely and then I want them to send the queue to my machine to render. We are sharing a Google Backup and Sync account and watch folders dont seem to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the intended design. It is created to be a failure. Absolutely pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines