• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder 2020 error (Could not read from source. Please check the settings and try again)

New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day, 

Im getting this error when i send my project from AE to media encoder via the AME Queue kink in AE.

So basically it opens Media Encored and loads the file in there. But as soon as you try to click the preset or start the render it gives me this error. It searches for a while then just pops this error. (Could not read from source. Please check the settings and try again)

Please see attached picture

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 14.16.24.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error occurs also when you click the preset? Where is your media located? It looks like it's having trouble connecting to your source footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We'll need to check more details to identify what could be causing the issue with the dynamic link not working between AE and AME.

In addition to the questions asked by @Jeff, I'd like to know:

• What happens when you import the .aep project file directly inside AME?
  • Are you able to export the project from After Effects directly?

Also, please take a look at this article: FAQ: Dynamic link between After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder doesn't work. Next steps?

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, after hours of pulling my hair out over this non logical issue (as the source file was there), I decided to disable AVG (Virus protection). Media Encoder never had a problem after that! I don't understand why, perhaps it thinks Adobe products are viruses? Who knows...

Give it a try and see how you get on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines