• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder Exports empty MP4 and XMP file?

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep trying to export a h.264 but AME keeps exporting an empty mp4 and an xmp file. Is there any way to merge the two or fix the issue? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem here, since the upgrade of After effects . The export 2 pass solved the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem all of the sudden.

I also tried exporting as a Pro Res quicktime and dumping it directly in to media encoder and also reimporting it back in to premiere, same issue.  Because of that weird  xml sidecar I'm guessing there is something wrong with the h.264 codec implementation inside of the media encoder?

The "2 pass solution" worked though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, media encoder 13.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having the same Issue. I’m going to try the 2 pass tomorrow and see if that works. even in media encoder. And I’ve exported to multiple drives one even was completely empty and it still didn’t work. I’m very frustrated. What’s going on? Why Is it doing this?

I hope it’s not a Graphics card issue.

I’m using a GTX 1070

and Ryzen CPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue too... the FIX seems to be what others have suggested: 2 pass when exporting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what is 2 pass? Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2 pas method was the only one that worked for me. Adobe... come on..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue with one sequence out of a large project exporting to H.264. The two-pass encoding works, although the file did not convert properly once uploaded to vimeo... not sure if this was random chance... In any case, we need an appropriate solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is just odd. I have exported on the same settings 'h.264- Youtube 1080' and never has there been a problem until tonight. Is there any reason this may have changed? What might I have pressed accidentally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe happened. This is what we pay monthly for, surprise bugs at random times, usually just before deadlines!

As with others I found success moving to 2 pass...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes. This just happened to me tonight as well. Seriously, why are so many people chiming in on this and no answers? I did mess around with some settings and tried reverting back to my normal YouTube 1080, then this happened. Just tried the 2-pass method and it worked. I'm sure there's a setting we have all clicked on or off to make this happen, but why isn't anyone sharing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the 2pass fix. was having this issue, all encoding previously had been fine, often using YouTube 1080p Full HD preset. tonight it just stopped, found the 2 pass fix here and now able to export MP4 file correctly. Thanks to mariuszb20741830

MacOS High Sierra, AME 2018 and AME 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi what is 2 pass? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

remove the exsiting rendered file or select a different folder to render. helps everytime. not sure of another permanent solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!
I was having the same problem, so I exported it as a Windows Media File, and it worked. So altho the quality isn't as good as H.264, .wmf seems to work.
And yes, I have this problem now, in 2023. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines