Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quicktime Codecs With CC2017 and Windows 10

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm hoping someone here can help,

I'm not an expert in media or even much of a user of Adobe products, I deal with Application deployment (300 applications to 8000 workstations)

Having Deployed CC suite to Win10, apparently there are a bunch of Codec options that aren't listed under Quicktime that were there on windows 7.

From what I can tell these are only available on Win 7 because we have the Quicktime player installed became I get the same list on an out of the Box win7 machine until I install Quicktime.

Looking around the net seams to confirm this, along with comments that seam to suggest that CinePak is a legacy Codec.

Also it would appear that Apple do not support Quicktime on windows 10.

Apparently the codecs for cinepak are on the machine as you can see them listed in WindowsMedia player.

So,

Are there different codecs for encoding and decoding (would seam odd as I thought Codec was a shortening of encode decode)

Is there a reason why Media player can see the codecs but MediaEncoder cant?

Can I get MediaEncoder to use the Cinepak codecs without installing Quicktime 7.9

Am I missing something?

Kris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

You're probably going to have to install Quicktime. I remember there used to be "Quicktime alternatives" that were available from third party that may still work but use them at your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason why you are still using Cinepak? H.264 is going to be far more efficient. Cinepak is ancient at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to sort something for someone else.

They are encoding video to playback in another piece of software which requires it in this format apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably going to have to install Quicktime. I remember there used to be "Quicktime alternatives" that were available from third party that may still work but use them at your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. Just omit the option to install the Player. Info: Re: Premiere Pro CC 2017 0.1 - Most MOV codecs missing

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried this and it does not seem to be working for me. Here is what I have selected when installing QuickTime.

I have tried uninstalling QuickTime, then reinstalling Adobe Media Encoder and Premier Pro CC, then installing QuickTime again. No luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines