Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious Lag when exporting via ME

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, 

Recently I have starting working from home so I have being using my personal iMac for work purposes (video editing) so I updated all my software & Apps on my iMac to make sure it's up to date for any video editing projects that might be passed my way. 

I have recently being editing two videos for a client, both around 12mins in length and both with multiple layers within PremPro. The issue I am having is that when I come to export the videos and send them to the ME que, as soon as I start the exports my entire iMac slows right down to the point where I can't even use it until the exporting is complete. I'm only exporting at HD 1080p so nothing too crazy. 

iMac specs:

iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017) 

Processor: 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 16GB 2400 MHz DDR4 

Graphics: Radeon Pro 570 4 GB 

I have all my cache and scratch files set up to a separate 2TB usb 3.0 external hard drive. 

I have never had this issue with this iMac before until recently when I have updated all my Adobe Apps. It usually performs really well and fast. The even stranger thing is, Iv recently being working on a graphics project for another client also within AE and when I render out that project within AE my iMac runs absolutely fine. Even when Iv exported a .mov file to a .mp4 in ME it's not slowed down one bit. 

Can anyone help or suggest anything to try to help with this issue? Or is anyone having a similar issue?

I have attached a short video of the iMac screensaver during an export from ME and as you can see it is very jolted, usually that screen saver has a very smooth fluid motion. 

Thanks in-advance,

PhilSparq 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?