Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck at 100%

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm trying to render out a batch of files from AME, but they keep getting stuck at 100%, and never finishing.

AME creates 3 files, a video file, an audio file and the container, but never merges them into one complete file.

Everything seems to render normally if l render directly from Premiere Pro, but as l have a ton of files l need to render out for archiving l'd love to be able to queue it up..

My render settings are:

- H.264/mp4

- Video: 1920x1080 (1,0), 25 fps, Progressive

- Audio: AAC, 160 kbps, 48 kHz, Stereo

- Bitrate: VBR, 2 pass, Target 10.00 Mbps, Max 12.00 Mbps

- The source was deinterlaced

Source files are P2 media; DVCPRO HD.

I am rendering on:

iMac 21,5" late 2012

OS X 10.8.5

CPU: Intel i7 - 3,1GHZ Quad Core

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT650M 512MB

HD: 251GB SSD / 100 GB free.

RAM: 8+8GB DDR3 1600MHz

with:

Adobe Media Encoder CC (v. 7.2.2.29)

I have tried saving locally, to an external Thunderbolt drive, and to our ReadyNAS server with the same issue.

Any tips?

Regards,

Kristian

TOPICS
Export or render , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Just Pause and Resume it. I also Had the same issue while exporting a file of 7.34gb. It worked for me. You may also try!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick edit:

I can render to Quicktime just fine, but the H.264/mp4 files seem to give me alot better quality/filesize ratio so l'd like to keep using that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of my render settings incase that helps.

rendersettings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are something you may want to try.

- If you are using GPU rendering in AME, please try "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only".

- If it doesn't work, please try disabling the native Premiere Pro sequence import.  (AME Preferences > General > Uncheck "Enable native Premiere Pro sequence import")

- I see you are using version 7.2.2.  Now, version 8.0.1 is available.  You may want to try the latest version for Premiere Pro and AME.  There is no extra charge for this version if you already have a Creative Cloud subscription for Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MMeguro.

Thank you for the suggestions above.

I was already using Software Only. It seems to be my only option for some reason anyways.

I updated and used 8.0.1 with and without "native sequence import" enabled, with the same issues.

I've now also had it complete  (As opposed to just being stuck at 100% for hours upon hours.), but it still will not place the files inside the container, so l still end up with useless renders.

Also, it seems to work just fine with smaller renders that end up around 100-300 mb with these settings. The bigger ones though, where I have 1-2 hours of footage that l need to render out for archiving is where the problem arises.

Are there any other steps I could try?

Thanks in advance,

Kristian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What "Multiplexer" settings are you using?

Also, possibly using a different audio format may help.  Three audio formats are available for H.264: AAC, Dolby Digital and MPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My multiplexer settings are:

Multiplexer: MP4

Stream Compability: Standard

I'll give different audio formats a go and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

I'm having the same issue with the other audio formats..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you encoding many files at once in AME when you saw this problem?  If you encode only one job, does it successfully encode a file?

Also, in order to complete the multiplexing process, it requires a disk space twice larger than a final file size.  For example, if a final file is 5GB, the multiplexing process temporarily requires 5GB.  Total 10GB is needed.  Please make sure you have enough diskspace.

After encode is completed, can you take a look the "Status" column on the Queue panel?  Do you see it has a green check, a warning or an error?  If you see a warning or an error, can you click a warning or an error link?  Or you can select  File menu > Show Errors.  This opens up a log file.  Can you tell me what warning or error is listed for the job you just completed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you encoding many files at once in AME when you saw this problem?  If you encode only one job, does it successfully encode a file?

Initially, yes. But I have been encoding single jobs when testing,

Also, in order to complete the multiplexing process, it requires a disk space twice larger than a final file size.  For example, if a final file is 5GB, the multiplexing process temporarily requires 5GB.  Total 10GB is needed.  Please make sure you have enough diskspace.

I have enough disk space in all the locations I've tried. (Locally, external HDD, server)

After encode is completed, can you take a look the "Status" column on the Queue panel?  Do you see it has a green check, a warning or an error?  If you see a warning or an error, can you click a warning or an error link?  Or you can select  File menu > Show Errors.  This opens up a log file.  Can you tell me what warning or error is listed for the job you just completed?

For ~50% of the jobs it's just stuck at 100% and never finishes. (I have left it for over 24 hours and it was still stuck at 100%, or 99.99% if you will.)

The other 50% it finishes, and the status icon is a green check, yet my files are not multiplexed. My error log is also completely blank.

Any chance a reformat and re-install would help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I'm not sure what is causing this problem, I cannot say for sure reformat and re-install would help.  I sent you a private message.  If you don't mind, could you send me your project file for further investigation?

Also, if you have some spare time, could you try using 1pass encoding option, instead of 2pass, to see if this helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you the project file.

I also tried with VBR 1-pass and it encoded with no issues whatsoever. I would still prefer to use 2-pass but it's an alternative l suppose..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sending me the project file.  So far, I haven't been able to reproduce this problem yet.  But, this is a good start for the investigation and a possible future fix.

Meanwhile, please use VBR 1pass option.  If you see lesser video quality with this option, you may want to increase bitrate values and experiment which values are most suitable for your need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, it will do until we can figure out the cause of the issue.

Thanks a lot for all the help so far!

Regards,

Kristian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Apparently, VBR-1 only worked properly that one time. Now l am getting the same issues as with VBR-2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this from the same project?  Could you try the followings?

#1. From the Mac Finder menu, Go > Go to Folder.  Access to ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common.

While no Adobe app is running, delete "Media Cache" and "Media Cache Files" folders.

#2. Under My Documents > Adobe > Adobe Media Encoder.  Please delete the "Adobe Media Encoder Preview Files" folder if there is.

If #1 and #2 doesn't help

#3. Please try "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" render option.

#4. Please try disabling the option "Import sequence natively" (AME Preferences > General).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem too. I followed the advice in all of the posts above and it still didn't work for H.264. Luckily for my purposes I was able to switch the file type to QuickTime. I would like to know what caused my problem so I still have the H.264 option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem when encoding reaches 100% it stucks and CPU usage drops from ~90% to ~12%. However I noticed that AME is still doing something because my drive storage continues to decrease (check lower screenshots).

1 screenshot was done right after encoding reached 100%

Screenshot (149).jpg

There are four different files.

Screenshot (151).jpg

3. I noticed that my storage capacity decreased by ~6 GB after 9 min. of encoding being stuck.

Screenshot (156).jpg

4. Then after couple of minutes drive storage increased up to 25.7 GB.

Screenshot (157).jpg

5. But it started to decrease again.

Screenshot (159).jpg

6. Meanwhile, two files dissapeared after ecoding being stuck for 15 min.

Screenshot (160).jpg

7. Storage capacity continues to decrease.

Screenshot (163).jpg

8. Despite that encoding has completed after ~18 min. of being stuck to 100%. Drive storage reached initial 26.2 GB of free space.

Screenshot (164).jpg

9. Final output is one video file (3.7GB in size).

Screenshot (165).jpg

Export was done using only software acceleration. Despite that, I have done similar project before with Cuda enabled but result was the same (encoding stuck at the end). Footage was recorded with galaxy s2 cellphone and only contrast, sharpness and curve effects were applied. Rendered using 1 pass encoding in H.264 mp4 format. I assume when encoding reaches 100% completion state it is still doing final steps. But is it normal to "freeze" like that for nearly 18 min. ?

My AME version is 12.0.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, no I know I must have at least double the available space than the estimated file size. It resolved itself after waiting for some time too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm expressing .mpg files and having the same problem. I don't believe it's tied to filetype. Its also been present in every version of premiere I've used - 1.5, CS3, CS6, and now CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm having the same problem rigth now and i'm not sure what should I do.  Just rendered a 10 Hs video for second time in a row with the same issue and i'm waiting in 100% not knowing if I should cancel it or not. I dont really wanna loose over 20Hs of exporting again  but all the posible solutions seems to need start de render again.
Some advice ? (probably making a 10Hs video was not the smartest idea )

Edit: The .mp4 file before was 0kb and is growing now but mi disk is  full   ( I had 350Gb free space before exporting ).

Edit 2: All solved just waiting but it took almost 4 Hs in 100% to finish exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Pause and Resume it. I also Had the same issue while exporting a file of 7.34gb. It worked for me. You may also try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this "solved" it for me as well. Had the same issue on both mac and pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It Does Not Work For me. Everyone Is Getting this Problem, Will Adobe Ever be Willing to Resolve It?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here - very annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines