• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Encode due to HEVC Codec Error

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a paid plan for creative cloud, yet when I try to queue up and export my media from Adobe Media Encoder, I get the following error (see image). 

screen.PNG

This is a recent development. I've been able to export videos via this method for months now. I haven't changed any system files. 

Thanks for any help you can offer. 

-Kelsey

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Hi Jeff,

Aparrently our agreement with Adobe had changed and they had to migrate my account to the new agreement. So this is now sorted, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try completely signing out of Adobe CC, quitting all apps (including the CC desktop app), then relanch the CC desktop app and sign back in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet, but I have uninstalled and reinstalled media encoder. I'll try this next and get back to you. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried this and I'm still getting the same error message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution for this? I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the latest verson of Premiere/AME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jeff,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, latest version (although issue was occuring before I updated as well...was problaby ~3 months since I'd last updated. I last exported with success in April 2021, so it was working then, but I haven't used premiere since, and updated last week prior to starting a new project.

I get it both with export, or trying to create proxies (I first noticed while trying to setup proxies).

CC subscription active and vaild, although I am using a company account where we get discounted (still at a cost) personal computer access. I am wondering if this is the cause. I tried to contact Adobe support, but told as its a company account, I can't use Adobe help. 

Uninstalled and reinstalled both premiere and media encoder twice. First time without reboot in between, second time with reboot to ensure i was logged out/in of CC as per your advice above.

After install, tried logging out/in to CC as per your advice above. Same result.

Purchased Microsoft HEVC , same result (saw it was suggested elsewhere).

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The HEVC codec is available to Adobe users with a paid subscription. You should have access to it. I've seen a case where a person with a valid subscription received that error and they had to resolve it through Adobe support as their account was still somehow flagged as a trial and thus ineligable for the codec.

You should be able to use Adobe Support even with a company account. You may have to initiate the support case through your IT department (or whoever is paying for your subscription). Just mention you think your account is flagged as a trial and you are unable to download the HEVC codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

Aparrently our agreement with Adobe had changed and they had to migrate my account to the new agreement. So this is now sorted, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines