• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible not to get a signed PDF as an email attachment once the form is signed?

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say I'm collecting highly sensitive information (blue prints, top secret information, PGP keys, etc.) and a signature from a customer. I send them a form for them to sign via echosign. They fill the form with the sensitive data and sign it. Now, I don't want the completed document to show up on our email server once they sign the form. Is it possible only to store this data safely on EchoSign's site and for me to get a heads up they have completed the document?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Zlatko,

Yes, we do have a feature in business level accounts with which you can disable the signed attachment in email by going to Account tab->Account settings->Global settings and uncheck to attach signed PDF in email.

Regards,

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rijul,

We do not have a 'global settings' nor the 'attach signed PDF in email' setting. See below:

unnamed-1.png

Is this because we bought Adobe Acrobat DC licenses before eSign became an add-on solution? Do we need to buy a license for something else? What are we missing here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you inbox me your registered email address so that I can quickly check?

Regards,

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rijul. I've sent you a message through this tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question. We have Creative Cloud for Teams. I also do not see a "Global Settings" option under Account Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having this same issue.  I do not want the document in a PDF attachment sent to anyone because it contains sensitive information. Working with Chat Support the only thing they can do is tell me how to disable the notification that the document was signed in my Personal Preferences>My Events, thus I do not receive the attached file, but there is no way to prevent the file from being sent to the signer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and Chat Support is most unhelpful and inefficient. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello team, I really need a solution for this. In my case I have a team who prepare very heave PDFs packages, they all have to be sent for signatures. The thing is that The owner has copy of the PDF on the hard drive but also receive an email with the same PDF when he request signatures and another one when it is signed. We are talking about 3 versions, and if they are all in the document cloud already Why you need to send it again via email? since they are so heavy it is causing ineficencies everywhere.

It happens the same with the signators, I do review and sign a document (all via document cloud which is perfect) and I do not want to receive a heavy copy of it via email, the link to look for it via document cloud is enough.

I hope it gets resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a response to this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Took a bit of fuddling on its end but Adobe fixed it for me--
John E. Abeel, Esq.
The Abeel Firm PLLC
300 International Drive, Suite 100
Williamsville, New York 14221
(716) 510-4886
www.abeelfirm.com

Who Do You Know? Refer A Friend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I fix it myself or do I have to get Adobe to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends. As single user of Acrobat Pro DC, I needed Adobe to do it because
there was not setting for me to get it done. But I believe that the
administrator on Acrobat's multi-user, enterprise version can toggle a
setting.

John E. Abeel, Esq.
The Abeel Firm PLLC
300 International Drive, Suite 100
Williamsville, New York 14221
(716) 510-4886
www.abeelfirm.com

*Who Do You Know? Refer A Friend.*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you cannot do it yourself even with the Admin Console and multi license Acrobat Pro.  This can only be achieved by purchasing Adobe Sign Enterprise which is a separate product.  Then you can modify the global settings to disbale it.  I verified this today with Adobe support.  Additionally, I asked them if they could disable it for all users of Acrobat Pro on their side and they said no, the only way was to purchase Adobe Sign Enterprise and do it from the Global settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines