Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3 questions

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible in XD....

1. To keep a chosen state if i change to another artboard and go back. Or is this only possible in UX?

2. Making a link button for opening a pdf file?

3. Switch to a horizontal screen?

tnx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Hello, Joris.

1. No - not sure what you mean by "UX", but once you switch to another artboard in the prototype, it doesn't keep any changed component states from the previous one, if you go back everything will be as it was exported.

2. Not possible, yet.

3. I assume you mean you want to assign a landscape and portrait designs for each screen in the prototype. There is no functionality made for that specifically. You can have different sized artboards within a prototype. If you really want

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Joris.

1. No - not sure what you mean by "UX", but once you switch to another artboard in the prototype, it doesn't keep any changed component states from the previous one, if you go back everything will be as it was exported.

2. Not possible, yet.

3. I assume you mean you want to assign a landscape and portrait designs for each screen in the prototype. There is no functionality made for that specifically. You can have different sized artboards within a prototype. If you really wanted to, you could emulate that behavior with links in your prototype, but I imagine it would be quite a hassle if it's a lot of screens. You would need to put a link somewhere on each artboard to its landscape version and back to portrait.

I make different prototypes for each device / resolution I think is necessary.

Hopefully that answers your questions 🙂

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines