• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A component in my file stopped being a component - can I get it back?

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a component with 5 states, and interactions (prototyping) which triggered each of those states.

It's been about 2 weeks since I worked on the file. When I opened it today, there was no green line around the group which had previously been a component. The interactions don't work, obviously. And obviously, since it's not a component anymore, my states are gone.

It was quite a bit of work to put that component + all its states together. 

HELP. Is there any way to get my component back? Is there somewhere that main states of components are saved, even after they're ungrouped? I'm willing to consider that I may have accidentally ungrouped the component in the last version... through some shortcut, but I can't believe it would be gone forever. It would be terrible program design to have all of the work done in many separate states disappear because a component gets ungrouped.

I've looked into the "versions" and although I haven't opened every single one (of 100 or so), I've opened a range, and none of them have the component intact, and I'm worried that it's because it's "linking" and if the component is broken or gone, then the link won't work for any of the versions. 

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble and for the delay in response. Generally in these situations, we recommend checking the version history(https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-col...) of the document so that we can retrieve an older version of the document. Since you have already checked, I am afraid we don't have many options as once the component has been ungrouped, it loses its states.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines