• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe fonts missing in XD

Advisor ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I install a font from the My Adobe fonts UI they show up in the font list in PS, ID and Illu but not XD. Yet another XD font issue in addition to the ones we already have. OS is W10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

I'm also facing this issue in XD (15.0.12.8) with both local and Typekit fonts, but have a workaround.

XD seems to ignore any font not physically located in the Windows/Fonts folder.  If you're using a font manager, those fonts probably won't be available unless you manually copy the fonts over to %windir%\fonts and then restart XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

I went through the online chat help.  I had to quit XD, go to fonts.adobe.com.  Sign in, if not signed in.  In upper right corner choose "My Adobe fonts".  search in the search bar for what font I wanted.   And had to activate each one of them.  Then when I restarted XD, the fonts were available.  What a pain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. If you've installed fonts using a font manager such as FontBase

• In FontBase, select Settings (it should be a vertical ellipsis "…") 
  • Change the Root folder location to "C:/FontBase" (or C:\FontBase — not sure if it's front or backslash)

You can also try the suggestions shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/user-guide.html/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.ug.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the solutions in these posts and let us know if they helped.

add fonts to adobe experience design

Can I install fonts in Adobe creative XD?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are not fonts from Adobe Font Kit but fonts downloaded from Adobe Fonts. These are two separate features. I never use Font kit. Never worked for me in any of the CC apps. But the newly published Adobe Fonts service does, well at least in the PS, ID and Illu.

From your link: "XD should load all fonts you have installed on your OS.  If you just installed a new font then please restart XD in order to have access to them." This has NEVER worked! C'mon, surely you must know that this doesn't work as described? There are literary thousands of posts on this. XD on Windows has major typeface issues and the font files I have does NOT get detected locally by XD. As I wrote in my post here, the newly installed fonts from Adobe Fonts (the CC service) doesn't show up in XD, but in PS, ID and Illu they do show up. Time to fix all the XD font issues if you ask me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback. I would recommend getting in touch with us directly using this link Contact Customer Care​ for further investigation.

If you are not comfortable doing that, I am hoping that someone that knows better will take it from here.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest that someone working at Adobe or for Adobe brings the fonts issues up for highest level as there are so many different issues related to fonts in XD. It's become the mother of all problems and its been going on since day one. XD and fonts is not a very good match. A real struggle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with @perrybrus. Its mid-2020 and I am still facing this issue. Fonts activated from "Adobe Fonts" are not appearing even after restarting XD. Please fix this. It is annoying, to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its 2021. guess why i'm here. 

-.-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol. me too (June 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's March, 2022. Guess why I am here. Still not fixed. 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

July 2021 and this STILL isn't fixed. Another bug in a VERY long list of bugs in Xd... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. If you've installed fonts using a font manager such as FontBase

• In FontBase, select Settings (it should be a vertical ellipsis "…") 
  • Change the Root folder location to "C:/FontBase" (or C:\FontBase — not sure if it's front or backslash)

You can also try the suggestions shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/user-guide.html/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.ug.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's  not the issue (and I think if you read through this thread, you would know that). The fonts work fine in all other apps, it's ONLY Xd that has this issue. And this is an issue that has been ongoing for YEARS (like many other bugs) and STILL hasn't been rectified. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man... I can't use font awesome... FONT AWESOME without a headeache. I spent 50 min only today and still could'nt solve the problem. 

Thank you, guys.

Nice experience. =] 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rishabh_TiwariThis worked! I've been struggling with fonts in XD from the beginning. Not being able to activate certain Google Fonts or local fonts (and in the beginning Typekit/Adobe fonts). Couldn't get the combination XD and FontBase to work for me. But this tip just helped me out! Simply changed the Root folder to C:/FontBase. So now I can activate my local fonts and Google fonts using FontBase. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out and confirming. Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can u plz tell me how to do it, Im not able to understand wht is this root folder 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Rishabh_Tiwari! Worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL August 2021 and I'm here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is doing my head in. Managing multiple projects and having to constantly gamble whether fonts will load, and if they don't, you're just f#cked... It's pure lucky dip... I've loaded the Aaux Next family on Adobe Fonts, and XD only see 16 of the 18 fonts... 2 that I've used are just not there... But they're there in Illustrator and Extensis Suitcase.

I'm >>this close<< to abandoning XD, as it is an enormous time waster with issues like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have abandoned this crap app already! Thank God, Figma exists on this planet. Happily designing on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea! I'm going to uninstall XD right now and try Figma 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ow wow, I totally forgot. I dont really know why I switched to Adobe XD. I am gonna switch back, this is a really annoying bug, and there are much more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 10, 2022 and this issue is still going on. I already exhausted all steps I found online how to sync or activate Adobe Fonts in XD but still nothing happen. It works on other Adobe program, why not in XD??? Come on Adobe why are you not fixing this up, zzzz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 2023 and I'm having this problem as well. I wouldn't be using Adobe XD if it wasn't required for this school project. I hate it so much lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FruityMothLegs,

We are sorry for the frustration. We would like to know if you've tried the steps suggested in this post. If so, and you're still experiencing the issue, please share the below details-

• Could you please tell us the version of XD installed on your machine and the details of your operating system?
  • Please share the name of the fonts which are missing.
  • Have you activated those fonts from the Adobe Fonts website or from a third party?
  • Are you able to see the fonts in the Creative Cloud Desktop app under the activated tab?
  • Are you able to see the missing fonts in other Adobe apps?

We will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines