• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD 34.0.12.33 locks up my system when opening an existing cloud document

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to the latest version today and if I create a new cloud document the program works fine. However, when I try to open an existing cloud document (created in an earlier version of XD), a new window opens and progress bar fills up but the file never opens. At this point, the CPU is pegged to 100% and my Macbook Pro fans start spinning wildly because the CPU is at 170 degrees. Force quitting XD is the only thing that allows my system to be responsive again. I've tried this with all of my existing cloud files (small and large) and experience the same outcome.

I've tried reinstalling but the issue persists. I've tried closing out all other programs and the issue persists. I've reverted back to the previous version and am able to open most of my assets but it appears some were converted to the newer version of XD so now cannot be opened.

Has anyone else experienced issues with the latest version causing their system to hang?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Unfortunately I cannot create a new account on my Mac as that is managed by my employer. Similarly I cannot provide the files in question as they contain client/proprietary information. I can try to recreate the issue with a set of new files. However, I do have a support case that was opened by my enterprise support team and they have requested the logs above. So for now I'll work through that channel and I'll report back here with any findings. Really appreciate the quick response!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe.bimmerle,

Sorry to hear that. I'll try my best to help you with this. Please try to create a new user account ( https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac ) on your machine and check if you're able to open those documents. 

The next step would be to try the steps mentioned here (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/kb/fix-issues-with-xd-cloud-documents.ug.html )

In case the problem persists, would it be possible for you to share one of the files that are not opening on XD 34? Please collect the logs using this tool ( https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html ). Upload it to CC or Dropbox along with the XD file on which is it happening, and share it via DM ( Send a message )

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately I cannot create a new account on my Mac as that is managed by my employer. Similarly I cannot provide the files in question as they contain client/proprietary information. I can try to recreate the issue with a set of new files. However, I do have a support case that was opened by my enterprise support team and they have requested the logs above. So for now I'll work through that channel and I'll report back here with any findings. Really appreciate the quick response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines