• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD Android App: Problems with element positions and text line breaks

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need to preview my XD designs on an Android device.
Unfortunately I have two problems with the way the designs are displayed in the XD Android App:

1. line breaks in text reflected on my pc (editor and preview), are sometimes not reflected in the Android view. A multiline textfield which has an empty line before a new paragraph on my desktop editor and preview, displays as one endless stream of text inside the Android App or only has one line break instead of two.

2. Elements at wrong position: I have three elements spread out left to right - vertically aligned. Then used a repeat grid. Everything lines up perfectly inside the editor and desktop preview but inside the Android the first element of each row is not vertically aligned with the other elements in the row anymore.

Is this a known problem and is there a fix for it? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for reaching and sorry to hear you are having trouble using Adobe XD. For the first issue that you described, could you please try using point text instead of Area text and share your results with us?

For the second issue, it would be really helpful if you can share a short video for better understanding.

We would request you to please share the OS & XD version of your machine.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,
Upon closer inspection I see that the font also looks different inside the Adroid App.
I use Roboto which should be standard on Android afaik? - I also don´t get any missing font warning when opening the file on PC or Android.

Maybe problem 1 and 2 are even related?
Hope you can help me get pixelperfect previews on our target device.
- Windows 10, Adobe XD updated today (cant find version informatiion)
- Android App 25.0.0

Inside the font infos of the Android App, all Roboto cuts have a green checkmark.

Best regards, Stefan

Screenshot_20191218-195807.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:
Roboto looks different when used inside my Adobe Suite like Illustrator or XD compared to the preview at fonts.adobe.com. Really confused now:
2019-12-19 10_02_29-Untitled-2_ @ 105,27% (CMYK_GPU Preview).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update  2:
I could resolve the font problem. For some reason Windows 10 was using the 2012 version of "Roboto" while the Android App was pulling the new Roboto version from fonts.adobe.com.

However the repeat grid still seems to behave differently between desktop and android - the spacing is still off.
Screenshot_20191218-195807_2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody from Adobe still interested? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefani,

Sorry for the delay in response. Our team is still investigating on this issue. Would you mind sharing the sample file with me over a private message so that I can escalate it to team for more investigation? 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem.  Alignment is never exact on the Samsung galaxy a40 preview.  All the text seems to shift a bit towards the right edge.  So the alignment in my buttons is off-center and some text goes outside the viewport. 

How can I solve this issue?

With kinds regards,

Jelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines